RIDE AND ROOM SHARE FOR LTX 2019 previously known as Looking to split hotel for LTX19

Justin_

So originally I was looking for a room to split for LTX, but I got that a few months ago. It seems that people are still posting here and I don't see any RNR share threads, so unless any of the mods take issue I am going to convert this to the RNR share thread.

If you are looking for or offering a ride or room post down below and check out the offerings!!

Every event needs a good RNR share thread, and there was something here to start with. Please update your comments once you get a ride/room so you dont get spammed and you dont waste people's time.

Good Luck! And see you at LTX

Justin

Hey guys! Long story short I am planning on flying to LTX early Friday morning and leaving monday morning. I need a place to stay Friday night to Saturday and potentially Saturday night to Sunday. I don't want to pay for a place all by myself and I want to be somewhat flexible so I would like to sublet a hotel room from somebody.

Long story not so short, i'm a 20 year old guy that is enrolled in the University of Montana's Computer Science program. I like tech, I like LANs, I like cons, and I like LTT.  I made it to the first LTX and after missing a year I want to go back. I managed to get a BYOC LAN ticket this morning and I want to go have fun. This afternoon I looked up travel plans and while I have yet to purchase anything my tentative plan is to fly to Vancouver early Friday morning arriving around 9-10AM and fly back Monday morning at about 6-8AM. Like the last time I went to LTX my plan for Sunday night is to stay the night in the airport, because the other option is to get 2-3 hours of sleep and then need to rush to the airport at 4AM and I don't see that being worth it. As for Saturday night into Sunday morning I am planning to be at the BYOC LAN all night, but would like to be able to potentially fall back to a hotel and get some sleep. And Friday night I will need a place to sleep.

What I am looking for here is somebody else that is going to LTX that is getting a place to stay (hotel, larger airbnb, whatever) that I could stay at Friday night and possibly Saturday night. Im not too interested in staying at somebody's house because if I decide I want to go sleep Saturday it probably won't be till 4AM and I don't want to bug you in the middle of the night to let me in.

I would prefer somewhere with an open bed, but would also be willing to sleep on a couch or even the floor of a hotel room. While I won't turn down somebody offering me a place to stay for free I am not expecting that. I am fully willing to pay my fair share of the bill for a place to sleep.

I have met up with random people online in the past to share a hotel rooms without ever having any problems and i'm just hoping to find a place to stay again.

Thanks for considering, SEE YOU AT LTX!

Please "Quote" me if you want me to see your response.

I am driving in from Des Moines, IA (going to be stopping in Helena, Mt on my way) Id def be down to share a hostel (hotels way too expensive). Im planning on arriving Friday (I have a 3:15 office tour so sometime before then) and then I plan on driving out Monday morning (gonna need sunday night to rest after a night of dreamhack, its gonna be Zombie Sunday)

Perhaps since I plan on driving through MT if youd like to hitch a ride and save the airfare let me know.

If you'd like to talk further let shoot me a message (sooner than later, my plan is to book later today 2/23)

11 hours ago, Justin_ said:

Hey guys! Long story short I am planning on flying to LTX early Friday morning and leaving monday morning. I need a place to stay Friday night to Saturday and potentially Saturday night to Sunday. I don't want to pay for a place all by myself and I want to be somewhat flexible so I would like to sublet a hotel room from somebody.

Long story not so short, i'm a 20 year old guy that is enrolled in the University of Montana's Computer Science program. I like tech, I like LANs, I like cons, and I like LTT.  I made it to the first LTX and after missing a year I want to go back. I managed to get a BYOC LAN ticket this morning and I want to go have fun. This afternoon I looked up travel plans and while I have yet to purchase anything my tentative plan is to fly to Vancouver early Friday morning arriving around 9-10AM and fly back Monday morning at about 6-8AM. Like the last time I went to LTX my plan for Sunday night is to stay the night in the airport, because the other option is to get 2-3 hours of sleep and then need to rush to the airport at 4AM and I don't see that being worth it. As for Saturday night into Sunday morning I am planning to be at the BYOC LAN all night, but would like to be able to potentially fall back to a hotel and get some sleep. And Friday night I will need a place to sleep.

What I am looking for here is somebody else that is going to LTX that is getting a place to stay (hotel, larger airbnb, whatever) that I could stay at Friday night and possibly Saturday night. Im not too interested in staying at somebody's house because if I decide I want to go sleep Saturday it probably won't be till 4AM and I don't want to bug you in the middle of the night to let me in.

I would prefer somewhere with an open bed, but would also be willing to sleep on a couch or even the floor of a hotel room. While I won't turn down somebody offering me a place to stay for free I am not expecting that. I am fully willing to pay my fair share of the bill for a place to sleep.

I have met up with random people online in the past to share a hotel rooms without ever having any problems and i'm just hoping to find a place to stay again.

Thanks for considering, SEE YOU AT LTX!

If we could all chip in on a room that would be pretty cool really. I'm gonna be at dream hack all night but I wouldnt mind showing up early

On 2/23/2019 at 3:07 AM, camarokris said:

I am driving in from Des Moines, IA (going to be stopping in Helena, Mt on my way) Id def be down to share a hostel (hotels way too expensive). Im planning on arriving Friday (I have a 3:15 office tour so sometime before then) and then I plan on driving out Monday morning (gonna need sunday night to rest after a night of dreamhack, its gonna be Zombie Sunday)

Perhaps since I plan on driving through MT if youd like to hitch a ride and save the airfare let me know.

If you'd like to talk further let shoot me a message (sooner than later, my plan is to book later today 2/23)

I think I now have a plan for a place to stay, but id be interested in sharing a ride. Looking at available flights it would cost me over $500 plus busses (that's a lot more than last time I went). I actually have an office tour myself at 1PM so if you think we could make it by then id love to toss you some gas money.

Do you have any idea what your driving schedule looks like? Are you planning on spending the nite in spokane and then heading up, or heading up on thursday? I don't know how the schedule lines up driving from IA.

Please "Quote" me if you want me to see your response.

2 hours ago, Justin_ said:

I think I now have a plan for a place to stay, but id be interested in sharing a ride. Looking at available flights it would cost me over $500 plus busses (that's a lot more than last time I went). I actually have an office tour myself at 1PM so if you think we could make it by then id love to toss you some gas money.

Do you have any idea what your driving schedule looks like? Are you planning on spending the nite in spokane and then heading up, or heading up on thursday? I don't know how the schedule lines up driving from IA.

My plan is to drive from Des Moines to Helena and stop there at the house of a family member. From there I will drive straight through to the studio. My tour is at 3:15 but I can make it an earlier drive. To maybe it by 1p I'd probably leave Helena Thurs night by 10/10:30 as it's a hair over 12 hours of driving. 

I'm gonna be leaving REALLY early Wednesday morning or Tuesday night after work from Des Moines so I can get to Helena and have time to recharge. That's a 17hour drive itself. 

If you're interested in meeting me in Helena and riding from there (I'm stopping at my games place on the way back too. I'll be leaving Vancouver Monday morning.) Pm me and we can exchange phone numbers as texting would be easier to coordinate. 

• 3 months later...

I'll split the cost of a place to stay. I'm driving from NYC.

I might be able to get a hotel room if i have someone to split the cost with. Im driving in from Spokane on friday and leaving sunday night. i also got a BYOC ticket.

On 6/23/2019 at 11:08 PM, Nemesis158 said:

I might be able to get a hotel room if i have someone to split the cost with. Im driving in from Spokane on friday and leaving sunday night. i also got a BYOC ticket.

I'll split the cost. 1 night or two nights? Pm me.

• 2 weeks later...

Any of you still looking for people to split the room with? I'll be getting in around midnight on Friday, leaving Monday morning.