CPU Choice

So i'm building a budget PC for my mom and i'm not so good with cpus. The pc will be used for little to no gaming, mostly programs like word and excel, some workstation use. I can't decide if the ryzen 3 2200g would suffice or if i should go with the ryzen 5 2600 or if i should change completely and go intel with the build.

This is what i have so far

The budget is $650 but i would like to stay closer to $600.

I'm giving her my old 980 as i just to have it in there for power requirement estimations. i just upgraded to a 2070

Any help and input would be fantastic!

A 200GE would be fine for word and excel.

(unless your mom is an accountant with a 50GB excel file)

I'd just get a cheap DRAM-less 1TB ssd instead of ssd + hdd.

Just buy her a bargain prebuilt with an SSD.

Will be cheaper, sleeker, and less hassle.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

2 minutes ago, HatersKing said:

little to no gaming,

Then the Ryzen 5 2400g is the best you should do, nothing more. A GTX 980 is super overkill.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, fasauceome said:

Then the Ryzen 5 2400g is the best you should do, nothing more. A GTX 980 is super overkill.

I am aware that the 980 is complete overkill, but i dont need it anymore so i figured at least put it to good use.

But thank you, i completely overlooked the 2400g, as i mentioned im horrible with cpu's especially on the amd side of things

3 minutes ago, Plutosaurus said:

Just buy her a bargain prebuilt with an SSD.

I have always been against pre-builts as you can usually get much more value by building yourself 

5 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

A 200GE would be fine for word and excel.

(unless your mom is an accountant with a 50GB excel file)

I'd just get a cheap DRAM-less 1TB ssd instead of ssd + hdd.

She manages a small company and has many responsibilities, so she is constantly multitasking, so i need something that can handle having many large documents open. she will be running 3 monitors for productivity sakes

8 minutes ago, HatersKing said:

I have always been against pre-builts as you can usually get much more value by building yourself 

https://m.newegg.com/products/N82E16883101686

$299+$20 boot SSD.

Done.

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

2 hours ago, Plutosaurus said:

https://m.newegg.com/products/N82E16883101686

$299+$20 boot SSD.

Done.

That's a pretty cheap find.  If you wanted to jump up to the i5 version of the same thing getting to 6 cores, it's $399.  As long as all three video outputs are able to be used at the same time (which they should be) and you don't need the discrete GPU, either of those would be great value options after adding a boot SSD.  Comes with a DVD drive and USB Type C on the front, has integrated wireless AC and bluetooth even.

12 minutes ago, Livin said:

That's a pretty cheap find.  If you wanted to jump up to the i5 version of the same thing getting to 6 cores, it's $399.  As long as all three video outputs are able to be used at the same time (which they should be) and you don't need the discrete GPU, either of those would be great value options after adding a boot SSD.  Comes with a DVD drive and USB Type C on the front, has integrated wireless AC and bluetooth even.

Is that a WOP Civic Si in your Avatar?

I have a 2017 WOP Civic Si sedan.

2 minutes ago, Plutosaurus said:

Is that a WOP Civic Si in your Avatar?

I have a 2017 WOP Civic Si sedan.

Off topic, but yes it's my 2017 WOP Si Coupe :)