Wireless mouse

Ricoxico

I need to buy a new "gaming" mouse but i also need a wireless mouse to use on my laptop when i travel and i did some researche and found that the logitech g pro is great for gaming one of the best gaming mouse out there so i wanted to know if i should buy or buy a cheaper gaming mouse and a cheap wireless for travel

I currently use G Pro Wireless, I would recommend it but's quite pricey.  It's one of the best mice on the market, but it can be small for some people.

Coconut

Tag or Quote me for me to see your reply!

1 minute ago, chewycrunch33 said:

I currently use G Pro Wireless, I would recommend it but's quite pricey.  It's one of the best mice on the market, but it can be small for some people.

and do you experience any lag or something like that?

Just now, Ricoxico said:

and do you experience any lag or something like that?

No lag for me, it beats a lot of other wired mice on the market.

Coconut

i currently have the MX Master 2S and MX Anywhere 2S, and while neither are really "gaming" mice i dont see why they would be any worse at gaming than a "gaming" mouse.

also, they both support pairing to up to 3 devices (both via logitech unify and bluetooth) so you can switch back and forth at the press of a button.

Just now, chewycrunch33 said:

No lag for me, it beats a lot of other wired mice on the market.

i was looking for others wireless mice like Logitech G403 do you think the price diference is worthed?

1 minute ago, Ricoxico said:

i was looking for others wireless mice like Logitech G403 do you think the price diference is worthed?

If you aren't looking for something as expensive, then maybe the G305, G703, G903, or G900.  G403 Wireless is 150 USD on amazon

Coconut

11 minutes ago, chewycrunch33 said:

If you aren't looking for something as expensive, then maybe the G305, G703, G903, or G900.  G403 Wireless is 150 USD on amazon

i cant buy from Amazon in store the g403 is 80€

Just now, Ricoxico said:

i cant buy from Amazon in store the g403 is 80€

compared to the 130€ for the pro

The g900/g903 is a bigger g pro wireless with more features if you can snag one. its also cheaper.

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!

46 minutes ago, Ashiella said:

The g900/g903 is a bigger g pro wireless with more features if you can snag one. its also cheaper.

right now in my country the g900s is the same price and more expensive than the pro

5 hours ago, manikyath said:

i currently have the MX Master 2S and MX Anywhere 2S, and while neither are really "gaming" mice i dont see why they would be any worse at gaming than a "gaming" mouse.

also, they both support pairing to up to 3 devices (both via logitech unify and bluetooth) so you can switch back and forth at the press of a button.

Your mice are worst than most gaming mice actually. If you play FPS games, the dif is night and day.

- MX mouse uses laser, while gaming mice are optical

- 145gram is insanely heavy as a gaming mouse. Most mice for fps weight less than 100gram, even as low as 65 gr.

3 hours ago, d3adc3II said:

Your mice are worst than most gaming mice actually. If you play FPS games, the dif is night and day.

- MX mouse uses laser, while gaming mice are optical

- 145gram is insanely heavy as a gaming mouse. Most mice for fps weight less than 100gram, even as low as 65 gr.

- i prefer heavy mice

- the sensor is AMAZINGLY accurate, to the point i could mark spots on my desk, and as long as i dont lift it up, a point on my desk will always represent the same point on my screen.

- my last mouse was a gaming mouse, and had a laser sensor

if you say for gaming the best possible mouse is a light mouse with optical sensor, please explain me why no one uses bog standard HP mice for gaming?

48 minutes ago, manikyath said:

- i prefer heavy mice

- the sensor is AMAZINGLY accurate, to the point i could mark spots on my desk, and as long as i dont lift it up, a point on my desk will always represent the same point on my screen.

- my last mouse was a gaming mouse, and had a laser sensor

if you say for gaming the best possible mouse is a light mouse with optical sensor, please explain me why no one uses bog standard HP mice for gaming?

First of all, to answer to question:

- to the point i could mark spots on my desk, and as long as i dont lift it up, a point on my desk will always represent the same point on my screen -> I dun really understand what you mean ? Of course if you don't move and lift up, it should stay the same position ?

- please explain me why no one uses bog standard HP mice for gaming? Hmm u know optical sensors also have variety of model right ? The best one in the market right now is PWW3360, HERO, TrueMove1  and they are optical.

Secondly, about Laser Vs Optical

- Laser sensor is not preferable in gaming world, because it's too ACCURATE, to the point that it tends to pick up more detail than necessary. This is the fact: Almost all top gaming mice are optical. Laser mouse usage does not exist among pro gamers

https://prosettings.net/cs-go-pro-settings-gear-list/

Accuracy - when it comes to tracking and accuracy the LED light from the optical mouse completely surpasses that of the laser mouse. As long as you have a non reflective surface like a good quality mouse pad the tracking from the optical sensor is fantastic. In competitive gaming you want to be able to track movement and flick your mouse with certainty, optical mouse can achieve these refined accurate movements with no extra acceleration, allowing you to flick and adjust to your target consistently. Laser mice on the other hand perform slightly inaccurately when it comes to slower more defined mouse tracking, causing jitter and inconsistency when fast swipe like movement need to made across your mouse pad.

https://www.evetech.co.za/top-5-reasons-why-an-optical-sensor-is-better-than-a-laser-sensor-in-a-gaming-mouse/blog/10.aspx

3rd, Light vs Heavy

- The majority of competitive fps gamers use low sensitivity (400-800 dpi), you need to move your hand ALOT. Therefore, light mouse is much more efficient since it wont stress your hand too much

The fact is: most pro fps players prefer light mouse. Check out the link.

It's all about fps genre. If you play other game genres, any mouse will work. I'm glad your mouse works for you in games, it's all about personal preference but do let me know what kind of games you play, and what dpi you are using, I probably can understand why you find MX series mouse is good.

2 minutes ago, d3adc3II said:

First of all, to answer to question:

- to the point i could mark spots on my desk, and as long as i dont lift it up, a point on my desk will always represent the same point on my screen -> I dun really understand what you mean ? Of course if you don't move and lift up, it should stay the same position ?

- please explain me why no one uses bog standard HP mice for gaming? Hmm u know optical sensors also have variety of model right ? The best one in the market right now is PWW3360, HERO, TrueMove1  and they are optical.

Secondly, about Laser Vs Optical

- Laser sensor is not preferable in gaming world, because it's too ACCURATE, to the point that it tends to pick up more detail than necessary. This is the fact: Almost all top gaming mice are optical. Laser mouse usage does not exist among pro gamers

3rd, Light vs Heavy

- The majority of competitive fps gamers use low sensitivity (400-800 dpi), you need to move your hand ALOT. Therefore, light mouse is much more efficient since it wont stress your hand too much

The fact is: most pro fps players prefer light mouse. Check out the link.

It's all about fps genre. If you play other game genres, any mouse will work. I'm glad your mouse works for you in games, it's all about personal preference but do let me know what kind of games you play, and what dpi you are using, I probably can understand why you find MX series mouse is good.

to the point of sensors.. so you're saying a less accurate mouse is better? i'm afraid i'm not following you there..

as for the "point on the desk" thing, some mice (particularly with laser, which is why laser used to be less preferable for gaming) respond differently to fast and slow movement, making the same distance on the desk not always representative of the distance on screen, depending on the speed the move was made at.

i fear you seem to be looking more at marketing than at effective results. there's no reason laser per default sucks for gaming, you need to (just like with optical) pick a mouse that fits the need. hence my comment about HP mice: it's not the sensor technology, it's how they implemented it.

as for light vs heavy, a lot of competitive FPS gamers use *VERY* low screen resolutions, you dont see anyone recommend that do you?

Also, i'd like to believe that OP is an individual, and not "most competitive FPS gamers". if you dont like a heavy mouse, the MX Master 2S is not for you, but honestly wireless mice in general are not for you, because of battery weight. all this however has NOTHING to do with gaming.

as for me, personally, i prefer a mouse that was made to be able to rely on, rather than the junk like RGB and a bajillion buttons like the gamer mice are these days, where you realise that after two years suddenly the left mouse click has gone to hell.

:) can I ask what games you play now ? and what current DPI ?

FPS gamers wont care about "bajillion buttons" anyways. Most fps mice only has two extra side buttons. Let's put RGB factor aside cuz it's not relevant to discuss here.

Wireless mouse is light btw, like the G pro wireless I'm using now. It's 77grams.

1 hour ago, d3adc3II said:

FPS gamers wont care about "bajillion buttons" anyways. Most fps mice only has two extra side buttons. Let's put RGB factor aside cuz it's not relevant to discuss here.

Wireless mouse is light btw, like the G pro wireless I'm using now. It's 77grams.

because 130 grams is wrist-breakingly heavy?

look, i'm not saying every gamer needs to run out to buy an MX master, all i'm saying is that for some people, the featureset of a high quality office mouse may make more sense than slicing off the weight of wearing a ring, or polling rates only a superhuman creature will notice. there is never a "this is best" answer, certainly not in peripherals.

I use a Logitech 305 Lightspeed, it's like a budget version of the Logitech G Pro.

Excellent tracking because of the new HERO sensor, super light at under 100 grams, super portable because of the moderate size, and costs under £60 depending on where you look.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

14 hours ago, manikyath said:

because 130 grams is wrist-breakingly heavy?

look, i'm not saying every gamer needs to run out to buy an MX master, all i'm saying is that for some people, the featureset of a high quality office mouse may make more sense than slicing off the weight of wearing a ring, or polling rates only a superhuman creature will notice. there is never a "this is best" answer, certainly not in peripherals.

lol honestly , Something telling me that you never play online fps competitively. Nvm, we can end the discussion here since we dun play the same games, we cant share the same view.

16 hours ago, d3adc3II said:

lol honestly , Something telling me that you never play online fps competitively. Nvm, we can end the discussion here since we dun play the same games, we cant share the same view.

i play a wide range of games, and across the years have used a wide range of mice. some of that includes online multiplayer, shooters, and both optical and laser mice of vareous pricepoints and target audience categories.

we'll end the discussion here, because you dun seem to have any intent other than to prove everyone but yourself wrong.

because mind you, this thread isnt about defending anyone's personal views, but about making recommendations that suit the OP's needs.

used Logitech all my life, started with MX Revolution then Performance MX followed by  MX Master. then I went and got the G903. Hated it so I returned it an got the G602. it has more programmable keys (8), its wireless and it works with the Logitech gaming software and it sells for $40 on amazon ( at the time of this writing). Its doesnt use Unify receiver so there is no interference from other wireless devices in you PC.

G602 is my suggestion.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4820K CPU @ 3.70GHz      Mobo: Asrock X-79 Extreme 4-M

Ram: G.SKILL TridentX Series 24GB             Graphics: Asus Turbo GTX 1080Ti 11GB SLI

Monitor: - Vizio M321i-A2 32", HP 27WM (x2) in Nvidia Surround 5760x1080  - Element E1SW2418M 1920x1080

Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO LAN Box        HDD:Samsung 750 EVO SSD         PSU: Corsair AX1200i           Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K55 RGB Keyboard

Game Keyboard: Logitech G13 Joystick         Mouse: Logitech G602 Gaming Mouse       Headset: Logitech G633 Gaming Headset

On 2/21/2019 at 3:18 AM, d3adc3II said:

I have to disagree with you on this, my Logitech G602 has 6 side buttons which I have programmed in Fortnite for the pick axe, main weapon and the four building types, same thing for Apex, main gun, secondary, holster and healing. More button on the side is the reason why I downgraded from the G903. Combined with the Logitech G-13 my hand movements are just for aiming.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4820K CPU @ 3.70GHz      Mobo: Asrock X-79 Extreme 4-M

Ram: G.SKILL TridentX Series 24GB             Graphics: Asus Turbo GTX 1080Ti 11GB SLI

Monitor: - Vizio M321i-A2 32", HP 27WM (x2) in Nvidia Surround 5760x1080  - Element E1SW2418M 1920x1080

Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO LAN Box        HDD:Samsung 750 EVO SSD         PSU: Corsair AX1200i           Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K55 RGB Keyboard

Game Keyboard: Logitech G13 Joystick         Mouse: Logitech G602 Gaming Mouse       Headset: Logitech G633 Gaming Headset