cannot open a folder/delete it

zmajmkd

it keeps showing me this eror h0jIe72.png i tryed by finding where the folder is to delete it but i can't, can't even open it, tryed to delete with unlocker it says that svchost.exe is usnig the file and option delete on restart is available but that just does nothing

ps:using windows 10

You should be able to open task manager and see which svchost.exe it is using. Then delete using cmd?

8 minutes ago, Netivity said:

You should be able to open task manager and see which svchost.exe it is using. Then delete using cmd?

No do not do that!!!!

paramount if you 1. Do not know what you’re doing and 2. What that program is.

You should not be able to anyway...

i somehow menaged to deleted it but the pop up is still showing

1 minute ago, zmajmkd said:

i somehow menaged to deleted it but the pop up is still showing

Probably restarted itself or the command failed? There may have been a problem where there was a ‘lock’ on the file that wasn’t removed as you force-quit the sub-process.

if i click on ok h0jIe72.png&key=da59392711b35eed4e9d87d0after few sec it pop ups again so now trying to fix that windows script host thing, and the folder is deleted it doesn't exist anymore, main reason i tryed to remove the folder is becouse its a virus

Just now, zmajmkd said:

if i click on ok h0jIe72.png&key=da59392711b35eed4e9d87d0after few sec it pop ups again so now trying to fix that windows script host thing, and the folder is deleted it doesn't exist anymore

Do you have any idea what khogal is, i had a quick google but didn’t find anything par a festival or something. May be able to help us some more...

7 minutes ago, tryingmybest said:

No do not do that!!!!

paramount if you 1. Do not know what you’re doing and 2. What that program is.

You should not be able to anyway...

I just assumed OP knew what he was doing... wrong to assume isn't it? hahaha

@zmajmkd have a look in your anti-virus quarantine. seems like most anti-viruses pick up that specific VBS as a generic threat.

Just now, Netivity said:

I just assumed OP knew what he was doing... wrong to assume isn't it? hahaha 

@zmajmkd have a look in your anti-virus quarantine. seems like most anti-viruses pick up that specific VBS as a generic threat.

i'm like 99% sure that folder was an virus since it was created by a cracked bot i tryed to run on my laptop. main reason i went to delete it. it did not exist 1h ago.

Just now, zmajmkd said:

i'm like 99% sure that folder was an virus since it was created by a cracked bot i tryed to run on my laptop. main reason i went to delete it. it did not exist 1h ago.

?‍♂️ right... re-install Windows hahaha

i just deleted wscript.exe from system32 , its not showing up for now. hopefully it won't after restart, i have no use for that part of windows anuway

Omg.... You put that wscript.exe back! Plenty of programs use that to run any and all scripts. The best way to figure out what is locking out a file is to us process explorer. Just search for the file name and it will show you what process is either trying to run it or is running it. Anything in your system32 fold should not be messed with if you dont know what you are doing. ?