xdx

Ivan4o
1 minute ago, Ivan4o said:

Hello,

I have a bad Pc and i have integrated GPU on it, I want to buy eGPU and to play Fortnite, CSGO and other light games.

I have this components:

Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 2.33GHz

4GB DDR2 800MHz (2x2GB)

Which cheap gpu will you recommend witch can run these games in about 40-60FPS (720p)?

The CPU and RAM combo there is really showing its age, a GPU will improve it but those games are quite CPU intensive! Also I highly doubt that laptop has the ports / capability to support an external GPU? 

'FrostNova' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Samsterstorm/saved/WtBWGX :

CPU: Intel 4790k | MB: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (+200, +250) | CASE: NZXT H440 (Black & Blue) | COOLER: Full EK 240mm CPU Loop | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury (4x4GB @2133mhz) | STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Hyperx 120gb SSD | PSU: Corsair RM650 | SCREEN: Benq G2750 | LIGHTING: Deepcool RGB LED Kit | KEYBOARD: CM Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | HEADSET: Hyperx Clouds White 

Just now, Samsterstorm said:

The CPU and RAM combo there is really showing its age, a GPU will improve it but those games are quite CPU intensive! Also I highly doubt that laptop has the ports / capability to support an external GPU?  

It's a desktop PC, not a laptop. I know it's old.

Are you having a laptop or a desktop pc?

I wouldn't recommend getting a eGPU, they are usually too overpriced for the performance you would get from it.

Even to the point that you might even be able to buy a better laptop to suit your needs.

On the other hand if you have a desktop pc, you could just buy a GTX1050/ti or AMD equivalent and enjoy that 60 fps maybe even in 1080p 

Just now, Ansuex said:

I wouldn't recommend getting a eGPU, they are usually too overpriced for the performance you would get from it.

Even to the point that you might even be able to buy a better laptop to suit your needs.

On the other hand if you have a desktop pc, you could just buy a GTX1050/ti or AMD equivalent and enjoy that 60 fps maybe even in 1080p

It's a desktop PC, I need cheaper GPU because I am getting new pc in July. Can GT730 run them in 720p?

It's a desktop PC, not a laptop. I know it's old.

Ahhh okay that makes more sense! When you say eGPU I alway think laptops ?! Any I think that Ansuex is being a little hopeful with the 1080p 60fps, maybe in CSGO if you are very very lucky but as I say the RAM and CPU combo is going to really restrict you in this case to at max 720p 40fps at the lowest settings, especially with (god help me) Fortnite.

4 minutes ago, Ansuex said:

CPU: Intel 4790k | MB: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (+200, +250) | CASE: NZXT H440 (Black & Blue) | COOLER: Full EK 240mm CPU Loop | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury (4x4GB @2133mhz) | STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Hyperx 120gb SSD | PSU: Corsair RM650 | SCREEN: Benq G2750 | LIGHTING: Deepcool RGB LED Kit | KEYBOARD: CM Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | HEADSET: Hyperx Clouds White 

It's a desktop PC, I need cheaper GPU because I am getting new pc in July. Can GT730 run them in 720p?

It will run them yes but not sure about 40-60fps, very lowest settings in CSGO you may get 40fps at 720p 

Just now, Samsterstorm said:
Just now, Ivan4o said:

It will run them yes but not sure about 40-60fps, very lowest settings in CSGO you may get 40fps at 720p 

what about an used 1030 or rx550?

2 minutes ago, Samsterstorm said:

I would also argue it being a bad investment.

I do not know what exactly what you're going to get in your new PC, but you could in any case just swap the new graphics card over.

Might aswell buy yourself a 2080ti now and upgrade the cpu/motherboard/ram later no matter how big of a bottleneck your current setup might be ?

what about an used 1030 or rx550?

I do think that any attempt to game on it will be a waste of money! And It doesn't matter what GPU u get even if u get a Titan its still always going to be limited by that CPU and the RAM! just wait till you get your new PC man :)