microphone problems

madomadsen

Hey guys! I am looking for some help.

My mic isnt working - I tried two different headsets - I cant get the mic to work. it shows up under devices but i dont get an audiolevel. In game(Apex) i am shown as having no microphone. I tried every single audiosetting I could find - the only thing that works is in win 10 if I choose to use the headset as output then I can hear myself on the headset(so the mic seems to be working) - other then that I am not getting it to work - is there a hidden audiosetting I am missing?

Additional info: I am running win 10, the headset is a wireless steelseries arctis 7, the normal audio output works fine

any help would be appreciatet

37 minutes ago, madomadsen said:

Hey guys! I am looking for some help.

My mic isnt working - I tried two different headsets - I cant get the mic to work. it shows up under devices but i dont get an audiolevel. In game(Apex) i am shown as having no microphone. I tried every single audiosetting I could find - the only thing that works is in win 10 if I choose to use the headset as output then I can hear myself on the headset(so the mic seems to be working) - other then that I am not getting it to work - is there a hidden audiosetting I am missing?

Additional info: I am running win 10, the headset is a wireless steelseries arctis 7, the normal audio output works fine

any help would be appreciatet

Verify windows privacy settings and mic settings

CPU: Intel i7 6700K 4.5 ghz / CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 / Board: Asus Z170-A / GPU: Asus Rog Strix GTX 1070 8GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000 mhz / SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB / PSU: Corsair RMx 850w / Case: Fractal Design Define S / Keyboard: Corsair MX Silent / Mouse: Logitech G403 / Monitor: Dell 27" TN 1ms 1440p/144hz Gsync

8 hours ago, gbergeron said:

Verify windows privacy settings and mic settings

Yeah thx for the tip - some liberay in privacy settings(of all places) was disabled for some reason. thumbs up for you mister