Trojan Horses?

Does anyone get random Cortana popups with even more random questions when you don't ask for it or you're nowhere near the Cortana button? This has been happening since three weeks ago and it occurs about twice a week. I'm 90% sure that I've gotten a trojan horse like three months ago but I've believed that I removed it. If it is a trojan horse issue, does anyone know how to completely remove it without resetting your system? I'm using an Acer Nitro 5 AN515-53.

Did you run various spyware software? Sometimes just one program doesn't detect the trojan horses. You might have gotten more than just one and you only got to remove one of them. Try at least 3 different anti-spyware software, boot in safe mode, etc.

Trojan horse: a hollow wooden horse with geeks hidden inside.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

just download an antimalware like Malwarebytes and run a scan. if nothing shows up you are good. .

unlike anti-virus like windows defender and the sorts, anti-malware is more general protection against threats

Well, I have already used Malwarebytes and Avast antivirus hence my saying of 90% sure that I got rid of it. I don't feel like anyone has taken control of my system or stolen anything yet but this Cortana thing just happens randomly and I don't know if the virus is back or not.