Question on the Cooler Master - MasterLiquid ML240L RGB

PapaP

In the description it says It is compatible with a bunch of different motherboard programs such as mystic light, aura sync, etc. for changing the color of the fans and logo, and I currently have a msi motherboard that does not have a rgb header. The only thing I used to change the LEDs on the mobo was the msi gaming app, which is pretty much crap, but it's needed. I'm just wondering if I'll still have the full capability to change the cooler to whatever color I like, regardless of having a specified rgb header. I know it comes with an rgb controller, but I'm assuming from the looks of it, it only has set colors to choose from, whereas I want a specific one. Hate to sound picky, but I'm buying it 50% for the rgb so I want it to look good.

My motherboard is the MSI b350 gaming pro carbon.

34 minutes ago, PapaP said:

In the description it says It is compatible with a bunch of different motherboard programs such as mystic light, aura sync, etc. for changing the color of the fans and logo, and I currently have a msi motherboard that does not have a rgb header. The only thing I used to change the LEDs on the mobo was the msi gaming app, which is pretty much crap, but it's needed. I'm just wondering if I'll still have the full capability to change the cooler to whatever color I like, regardless of having a specified rgb header. I know it comes with an rgb controller, but I'm assuming from the looks of it, it only has set colors to choose from, whereas I want a specific one. Hate to sound picky, but I'm buying it 50% for the rgb so I want it to look good.

My motherboard is the MSI b350 gaming pro carbon.

you have to plug it into a rgb header for software control over the rgb lighting.

you can buy a rgb fan controller from cooler master which allows software control over the rgb without a motherboard rgb header though.

if you don't want to buy the cooler master rgb fan controller(has to be cooler master, other brands dont work), your only option is the in built rgb controller which only scrolls through preset colours