Capture Card Causing green saturation

JChalant

Hello gang!

I started a thread in displays thinking something was wrong with my monitor, but after troubleshooting moreso I believe I have an issue with my capture card, and while i'm awaiting response from Avermedia (HD2 GC570) I thought I'd explain what's happening here in peripherals as it seemed the most appropriate place to have a talk about it ;)

From my GTX 1070, directly to Monitor A, using HDMI = everything fine

From my Capture card to Monitor A, green saturation of screen

I disconnected Monitor A, and plug in monitor B.  Monitor B green saturated.

After about 20 min. of me walking away from the headache a while, it apparently self corrected. Huzzah!

Broke for lunch and returned to find that Monitor B green saturated again when turned on. (booo)

Got sick of looking at a green saturated monitor while troubleshooting, so I plugged Display port [from GTX 1070] into Monitor A.  Monitor B self corrects immediately, Monitor A everything fine.

OK, so let me swap the HDMI from Monitor B, back in to monitor A ....  and Displayport from A to B.....and everything is fine again!

So I guess this thread is more about sharing a frustrating experience so that others who may search for it can find this solution.  I am certain, CERTAIN, that all cables were properly seated in.  So did I just kind of reset the signals?  And if so, how come I haven't really heard of ANYTHING regarding HDMI causing green saturation?   Has anyone here experienced HDMI signal discrepancies when passing through a device to final output?  So many questions left unanswered for me, despite stumbling upon a workaround I don't really understand....and I guess that's why I'm really here...to firm up the scientific method and isolate the actual cause and actual solution.

Anyone interested?

22 minutes ago, JChalant said:

Hello gang!

I started a thread in displays thinking something was wrong with my monitor, but after troubleshooting moreso I believe I have an issue with my capture card, and while i'm awaiting response from Avermedia (HD2 GC570) I thought I'd explain what's happening here in peripherals as it seemed the most appropriate place to have a talk about it ;)

From my GTX 1070, directly to Monitor A, using HDMI = everything fine

From my Capture card to Monitor A, green saturation of screen

I disconnected Monitor A, and plug in monitor B.  Monitor B green saturated.

After about 20 min. of me walking away from the headache a while, it apparently self corrected. Huzzah!

Broke for lunch and returned to find that Monitor B green saturated again when turned on. (booo)

Got sick of looking at a green saturated monitor while troubleshooting, so I plugged Display port [from GTX 1070] into Monitor A.  Monitor B self corrects immediately, Monitor A everything fine.

OK, so let me swap the HDMI from Monitor B, back in to monitor A ....  and Displayport from A to B.....and everything is fine again!

So I guess this thread is more about sharing a frustrating experience so that others who may search for it can find this solution.  I am certain, CERTAIN, that all cables were properly seated in.  So did I just kind of reset the signals?  And if so, how come I haven't really heard of ANYTHING regarding HDMI causing green saturation?   Has anyone here experienced HDMI signal discrepancies when passing through a device to final output?  So many questions left unanswered for me, despite stumbling upon a workaround I don't really understand....and I guess that's why I'm really here...to firm up the scientific method and isolate the actual cause and actual solution.

Anyone interested?

I have a Elgato HD60 Pro and it seems to compress red too much or something. Not relevant just worth mentioning. You might be able to change some kind of setting or something and make sure you have the right drivers installed.