GPU Air Cooling Temperature

Threa

Hello,

My RTX 2070 has been running on load at around 74-75c max. I've been told this is safe and fine but the ambient temperatures during the winter are low. I'm concerned about the hot summers that will be coming in the future months and am wondering if I can get those temperatures down lower and prevent any potential issues in the future.

The case I'm using is an iBUYPOWER Trace Masters, it has a front cover so the air has to enter the case from the side vents and holes on the right side of the case. I installed two intake fans on the side case and regardless of what speed they are running at, they have no effect on the GPU temperature. 

My question is: Is there a better fan configuration or is there an entirely different solution I could try? The GPU is a blower fan as well, not sure if that is relevant or not though. I have attached some photos of my case and the fan configuration and can provide more if requested. Thank you for your time.

my_case.JPG

Aside from turning up the GPU fan, there's nothing that can be done. If it's any consolation, my old FX 8350 / GTX 580 SLI rig was an 800w monster, both 580s and the CPU were max OC'd. The 580's had a much louder blower cooler on them than your 2070 and the top card would touch 89-90*C during the summer months. It was fine, just loud and alarmingly hot. Last I heard both 580's run fine to this day. It doesn't matter that you're at 75c lol dont worry

CPU: INTEL Core i7 4790k @ 4.7Ghz - Cooling: NZXT Kraken X61 - Mobo: Gigabyte Z97X SLI - RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ares 2400mhz - GPU: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 Fury 4G - Case: Phanteks P350X - PSU: EVGA 750GQ - Storage: WD Black 1TB - Fans: 2x Noctua NF-P14s (Push) / 2x Corsair AF140 (Pull) / 3x Corsair AF120 (Exhaust) - Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Red - Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma

Bit of an AMD fan I suppose. I don't bias my replies to anything however, I just prefer AMD and their products. Buy whatever the H*CK you want. 

---QUOTE ME OR I WILL LIKELY NOT REPLY---

Your getting the correct temps for the cards cooler design, it's a blower card it will be high like that.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

Thank you for the comments, everyone. They are invaluable. :) 

2 hours ago, Threa said:

iBUYPOWER Trace Masters

Why buypower when you've got the power already from the 2070? If I were you iBUYAIRFLOW ?

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs:

Are the side fans where they are now in place for some special reason? Your GPU would get more fresh air if fans would be at front instead. Also adding fan under the GPU would help.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

10 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Are the side fans where they are now in place for some special reason? Your GPU would get more fresh air if fans would be at front instead. Also adding fan under the GPU would help.

The side fans were placed there to help with intake of cool air into the case. I don’t believe it’s possible to mount them in front of the case since there is a cover with LED lights on it. 

I’ll try and see if I can put a fan under the GPU, the only issue I foresee is that there’s a big metal casing covering the PSU that extends across almost all the bottom of the case. 

5 hours ago, Threa said:

The side fans were placed there to help with intake of cool air into the case. I don’t believe it’s possible to mount them in front of the case since there is a cover with LED lights on it. 

I’ll try and see if I can put a fan under the GPU, the only issue I foresee is that there’s a big metal casing covering the PSU that extends across almost all the bottom of the case. 

And I was sure I saw fan mounting brackets at front.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv