Upgrading my prebuilt

Grard488

I’m in the United States and I’m using this for gaming. I am having to run some of the new games on low settings and having FPS issues.  My budget is 1000 but less money is better.

The 2060 would be fine, as for the new Ryzen CPU, check their website for a BIOS update for your motherboard.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Alright I’ll check it out if there isn’t an update what would you suggest

I can’t find where to see if it has the update or not.

https://support.hp.com/ph-en/document/c05521044

Unfortunately HP does not seem to upgrade bios for newer chips because they probably want to limit upgradablility or just don't bother because there clients probably don't really ask for it. If you want to upgrade you probably need a new motherboard  (mATX), check dimensions on the formfactor information. I would recommend a asrock pro4 mATX for around 70 $ with future options for Ryzen 3rd and 4th gen.

If your budget is 1000 $ i would just don't bother with the comparability in a prebuild and would build a new pc from scratch (you could keep the drive) and sell the HP and throw in a new hard drive in (1 TB for 40 $ or smth or even a cheap mx500 or A400 SSD) and go for ~500 $, maybe more depending on your local used marked. 

A solid Ryzen 2600 / rtx 2060 build is possible with 1000$ and you would get some money back from selling the used HP

Would you recommend cyber power for building PCs.

What if I just wanted to drop a 1070 or a 1080 with a better 1st gen processor will I still run into problems with FPS drops in current games like battlefield and anthem.

58 minutes ago, Manderis said:

https://support.hp.com/ph-en/document/c05521044

Unfortunately HP does not seem to upgrade bios for newer chips because they probably want to limit upgradablility or just don't bother because there clients probably don't really ask for it. If you want to upgrade you probably need a new motherboard  (mATX), check dimensions on the formfactor information. I would recommend a asrock pro4 mATX for around 70 $ with future options for Ryzen 3rd and 4th gen.

If your budget is 1000 $ i would just don't bother with the comparability in a prebuild and would build a new pc from scratch (you could keep the drive) and sell the HP and throw in a new hard drive in (1 TB for 40 $ or smth or even a cheap mx500 or A400 SSD) and go for ~500 $, maybe more depending on your local used marked. 

A solid Ryzen 2600 / rtx 2060 build is possible with 1000$ and you would get some money back from selling the used HP

What if I just drop a 1070 or a 1080 with a better 1st gen processor would I still get FPS drops in games like battlefield.

I would recommend building yourself because i doubt you get away with 1000 $ if you want a 2600 and a 2060 from a system builder. But (i think) iBuypower, Cyberpower and some others use stock parts like motherboards and you would have better compatibility (front io and bios updates). 

And building a pc is a bit like lego, if you know what a cpu/gpu/ram is and you can identify it you wont have a hard time to look at some tutorials and figure out how to build a pc. And for best value and compatibility you have the guys and girls from the forum.

You could get up to Ryzen7-1800X and a 1080 would be no problem. If you go for used you probably have to spend more than 500 $ on these parts. But your result may vary depending on your local used marked. Ryzen 2nd gen was a noticeable bump in ipc and overall performance so i don't know if a 1800x or a 1700 would bottleneck a 1080. Probably not that bad.

Could you specify what you mean with fps drops:

What resolution does your monitor have? 1080p? 1440p? Refreshrate? Details? Lowest fps?

What would you consider an acceptable performance? 

You might also want to check ingame performance with a tool like hardware monitor and see if your cpu or gpu are maxed out in the high 90% usage but i suspect the 1400 is the bottleneck.

1080p 60 hz it’s not a monitor it’s a 32inxh Samsung tv. And I believe the lowest FPS on battlefield and cod was like 20 FPS and it would bounce to 50

4 minutes ago, Manderis said:

I would recommend building yourself because i doubt you get away with 1000 $ if you want a 2600 and a 2060 from a system builder. But (i think) iBuypower, Cyberpower and some others use stock parts like motherboards and you would have better compatibility (front io and bios updates). 

And building a pc is a bit like lego, if you know what a cpu/gpu/ram is and you can identify it you wont have a hard time to look at some tutorials and figure out how to build a pc. And for best value and compatibility you have the guys and girls from the forum.

You could get up to Ryzen7-1800X and a 1080 would be no problem. If you go for used you probably have to spend more than 500 $ on these parts. But your result may vary depending on your local used marked. Ryzen 2nd gen was a noticeable bump in ipc and overall performance so i don't know if a 1800x or a 1700 would bottleneck a 1080. Probably not that bad.

Could you specify what you mean with fps drops:

What resolution does your monitor have? 1080p? 1440p? Refreshrate? Details? Lowest fps?

What would you consider an acceptable performance? 

You might also want to check ingame performance with a tool like hardware monitor and see if your cpu or gpu are maxed out in the high 90% usage but i suspect the 1400 is the bottleneck.

1080p 60 hz it’s not a monitor it’s a 32inxh Samsung tv. And I believe the lowest FPS on battlefield and cod was like 20 FPS and it would bounce to 50. I like to try to keep 60 FPS.

43 minutes ago, Grard488 said:

1080p 60 hz it’s not a monitor it’s a 32inxh Samsung tv. And I believe the lowest FPS on battlefield and cod was like 20 FPS and it would bounce to 50

1080p 60 hz it’s not a monitor it’s a 32inxh Samsung tv. And I believe the lowest FPS on battlefield and cod was like 20 FPS and it would bounce to 50. I like to try to keep 60 FPS.

I was checking out some system requirements for games, does this seem doable?

The Division 2: High system requirements – 1440p | 60 FPS 

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 | Intel Core I7-6700K
  • RAM: 16 GB
  • GPU: AMD RX Vega 56 | Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070
  • VRAM: 8 GB
  • DirectX: DirectX 11 | 12