2 Player FPS split screen games

Mouse-Potato

Hi,

I'm trying to find games that have a 2 player split screen capability on PC, I want to use a couple controllers and hook them up to my pc and play on my 4K TV (hopefully input lag isn't a problem...).

My girlfriend wants to play games like COD together but I really don't want to purchase a console to do so. It's her birthday soon and I wanted to surprise her with some co-op gaming !! ?

Has anyone done this and if so what games/setup do you have to do so?

Thanks !

4 minutes ago, Mouse-Potato said:

Hi,

I'm trying to find games that have a 2 player split screen capability on PC, I want to use a couple controllers and hook them up to my pc and play on my 4K TV (hopefully input lag isn't a problem...).

My girlfriend wants to play games like COD together but I really don't want to purchase a console to do so. It's her birthday soon and I wanted to surprise her with some co-op gaming !! ?

Has anyone done this and if so what games/setup do you have to do so?

Thanks !

I think Borderlands got it

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

The only recent Call of Duty title I know that has split screen would be Black Ops 3, but i'm not all too well familiar with any of the COD titles in the last ~6 years.
Steam will have the ability to search for co-op, local co-op, and splitscreen games (among others) under the browser

https://imgur.com/a/Q1huJkI

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Divinity Original Sin 2 if you got two controllers. 

(awesome RPG btw) 

I believe that Serious Sam and Shadow Warrior games support it as well. 

Rocket League works as well if you got two controllers. 

Left 4 Dead 2

CPU AMD 5800x_____Asus Crosshair VIII_____Asus Strix LC 360_____RAM Corsair Dominator Pro 2x8Gb 3600mhz_____ASUS RTX 3080 Strix

PSU Corsair HX1000w_____CASE Lian Li 011 Dynamic (original choice right? w/9 UNI Fans)_____Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma_____Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma_____Headphones Bose QC25_____Monitor (1) Acer Predator XB1 144hz G-Sync  (2) Benq 144hz G-Sync

Microphone Blue Yeti Black

Razer Blade 14

Also an XBOX one s.

4 hours ago, Constantin said:

I think Borderlands got it

4 hours ago, Semper said:

The only recent Call of Duty title I know that has split screen would be Black Ops 3
https://imgur.com/a/Q1huJkI

3 hours ago, WereCat said:

Divinity Original Sin 2

I believe that Serious Sam and Shadow Warrior games support it as well. 

Rocket League works as well if you got two controllers. 

2 hours ago, Acid Panda said:

Left 4 Dead 2

Thank you all, I'll check them out !

I don't have any controllers yet, what would you guys recommend?

I used to have a PS3 but my GF had an Xbox 360...I kind of prefer PS style controllers though...

31 minutes ago, Mouse-Potato said:

The Xbox is by far the best!!!

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

12 minutes ago, Constantin said:

No. It depends on the user preferences.

I used to have a PS3 but my GF had an Xbox 360...I kind of prefer PS style controllers though...

If you go Xbox, get one style. 

If you go PlayStation, go PS4. 

Both have wireless adaptors that are officially supported. 

Ive old 360 controllers but... the bumpers are the first things to go. The joysticks are second. Buttons may become mushy but that’s more tolerable than the horrible joysticks on them. Windows does support 360 controllers though. 

Ps3 controllers require to be plugged in & you need software that emulates 360 controllers. It’s not too difficult to setup but I think you need like 2-3 programs. 

Much easier to just get an official controller. I’ve the Xbox one controller & used to use it plugged in but I’ve the wireless adapter & it’s fine. I’d have preferred a wired controller but I got it as a gift.

Left for dead, I think gears of war, cod ww2 (zombies for sure, not sure about actual matches

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

20 hours ago, Constantin said:

20 hours ago, WereCat said:

No. It depends on the user preferences.

I picked up a couple logitech F310's, they wortk pretty good and weren't that much.