Keyboard into audio interface

vopos

I have this interface:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Behringer-UMC22-Computer-Audio-Interface/dp/B00FFIGZF6

and this keyboard:

https://www.gear4music.com/Keyboards-and-Pianos/SDP-2-Stage-Piano-by-Gear4music/1D57

The interface has an input for an instrument, but I'm not sure if I can use the headphone output of the keyboard and plug it into the dac and then use the headphones connected to the dac to listen to audio from the keyboard, what cable would I need? Thank you

It will only function as an amp, not a DAC.

DAC requires a USB host device, the keyboard is not a host.

You would need to use the KB as a USB MIDI device and route it through a laptop to a DAC to actually get DAC quality output.

2 hours ago, KarathKasun said:

It will only function as an amp, not a DAC.

DAC requires a USB host device, the keyboard is not a host.

You would need to use the KB as a USB MIDI device and route it through a laptop to a DAC to actually get DAC quality output.

Thank you for the quick reply, what I've done is connected the interface to my laptop via usb type b, and have my headphones as an output, I was wondering whether I could use a cable that connects to the interface and the keyboard so that I can hear audio from my laptop and the keyboard.

Not as far as I know.  You need MIDI software on the computer, in which case you get access to unlimited numbers of instruments.

Effectively, the keyboard just controls some software on your PC, so all the sound comes from the PC anyway.