Should I get Assassin's Creed Origins?

Seemed like a really good looking game to me. I was wondering if it was worth a buy, or if I shouldn't. I should already have Assassin's Creed Odyssey, if this code I am supposed to get works, so Origins would just be an add on. 

I played AC Origins and it is was a good game yeah. I don't know about Odyssey, maybe it is better, but i liked origins.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

I'd defo go for Origins. I'm in the same boat, have Odyssey and love it, hoping to pick up Origins soon-ish. From what I've seen it's better done story wise and such, but Odyssey has a bigger world and some improvements in gameplay over Origins. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

1 minute ago, Origami Cactus said:

I played AC Origins and it is was a good game yeah. I don't know about Odyssey, maybe it is better, but i liked origins.

From what gameplay series I've watched, Odyssey is like the Ancient Greece version of Origins. I really, really enjoyed what I had a chance to do with it.

Just now, Zando Bob said:

I'd defo go for Origins. I'm in the same boat, have Odyssey and love it, hoping to pick up Origins soon-ish. From what I've seen it's better done story wise and such, but Odyssey has a bigger world and some improvements in gameplay over Origins. 

Origins is Egypt, right? I love the maps of the AC games.

2 minutes ago, hiitswilliam said:

From what gameplay series I've watched, Odyssey is like the Ancient Greece version of Origins. I really, really enjoyed what I had a chance to do with it.

Then you would enjoy the egypt too probably, it had a greek and roman partition in it too.

I personally would want a fully ancient roman AC.

I didn't like the in-app purchases of AC origins, but the game is fully playable without them, but they just a bit annoying.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

1 minute ago, hiitswilliam said:

Origins is Egypt, right? I love the maps of the AC games.

Yep. Origins is the game before Odyssey so it's got a really similar gameplay style with some slight differences, and it's set in ancient Egypt. From everything I've seen it's centered around the first Assassin, guy who started the whole brotherhood/creed. History wise Odyssey is actually set before Origins, that's why you're playing as a mercenary who encounters uh... forgot the name of them, but the tech left behind by the ancient people doods, lol. Not actually an Assassin though, the guy you play as in Origins started the whole thing. I'd recommend watching a timeline video just to wrap your head around it. Because in the modern day parts Origins was investigated before Odyssey by the girl in the animus thingie, but historically Odyssey happens before Origins. It's pretty convoluted, once I move and get settled in I plan to read into it more to get a better understanding of the whole franchise, and also I just love lore of pretty much any type. 

Main PC 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

7 minutes ago, ReggieGRS said:

Played Origins and really enjoyed it. Waiting to finish my new PC to play Odyssey. Most definitely recommend. HUGE game. One thing that i really liked on Origin that is different from most if not all Stealth based games, is that in Origins, you can get fully spotted without alerting EVERYBODY in the area. Always found that annoying in games. If you're spotted by one enemy (or more even) you can fight him and kill him (or them) without alerting a nearby enemy inside a hut or housing. Worse case scenario the noise may cause the NPC to come out and investigate but that's it. Not rush out guns blazing (or spears blazing in this case) and come at you. Really enjoyed that.

My only problem with these games is that they're so darn performance intensive, and you need a 1070 just to get 1080p60 with settings maxed out.

On 2/1/2019 at 1:29 PM, hiitswilliam said:

My only problem with these games is that they're so darn performance intensive, and you need a 1070 just to get 1080p60 with settings maxed out.

More dependent on the CPU than GPU, though yeah you'll probs need at least a 1070, haven't tried with anything lower. But it butchers my X58 Xeon even with a 1080 Ti because it's from 2011 and has a much lower IPC than newer chips, but my laptop with an 8700K and 1070 manages 60fps solid everywhere but Athens and such in Odyssey, there it'll drop to 57 or so. 

On 2/1/2019 at 1:42 PM, ReggieGRS said:

Indeed. It's the reason i'm waiting for my new PC to play Odyssey. My current can still handle but i want completely smooth performance without having to tweak down the graphics so i'm willing to wait for that.

I wouldn't wait if I were you. Like I said, it butchers my older Xeon, I get around 35fps in cities, 45 in the less intensive areas. Buuuut, the frametimes are really, really consistent so it's actually smooth and perfectly playable. I use triple buffering and lock it to a max of 60fps and it stays pretty darn smooth, get a teeny bit of stutter every now and then if I engage like 15 guys in the middle of a giant city. 

Main PC 

If you want to play assassins creed ,no!

If you want to play an open world rpg , yes!

26 minutes ago, Ax200 said:

If you want to play assassins creed ,no!

If you want to play an open world rpg , yes!

already bought it boiiii

Get the witcher as well it is dirt cheap at the moment in my country it is about 4 dollars on steam at the moment

1 minute ago, Ax200 said:

Steam sale is on bro

I got it for 20 bucks on Green Man Gaming.

22 minutes ago, Ax200 said:

Like 12  dollars on steam in my country 

i mean I got origins for that price. It was a really nice deal.

2 minutes ago, Ax200 said:

Yeah origins only is 12 dollars

where did you see that price? Just curious.

3 minutes ago, Ax200 said:

Yeah origins only is 12 dollars

20 is still a steal tho, because it originally costed 60 and was on sale technically for 36.

In india steam lunar new year sale (on-going)