NEED HELP!!!

TheRealCKM

I have a mp4 file that is 1920x1080p. If I play this video on a 4K screen it is blurry. I searched online and found out 4K up scaling and converting is useless. Then I realized I can just play the footage on a 1080p screen and use a separate camera to record it in 4K. My question is will it actually display on my 4K tv and look the same as the 1080p tv if I do this. Thank you.

How can you record something in 4k on a 1080p screen...? You're better off forcing 1080p on your display to view the video

4 minutes ago, TheRealCKM said:

I can just play the footage on a 1080p screen and use a separate camera to record it in 4K

Sounds like you don't NEED HELP!!! and you can just find out yourself by recording a sample, unless you actually can't and need help to do so.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

3 hours ago, TheRealCKM said:

I have a mp4 file that is 1920x1080p. If I play this video on a 4K screen it is blurry. I searched online and found out 4K up scaling and converting is useless. Then I realized I can just play the footage on a 1080p screen and use a separate camera to record it in 4K. My question is will it actually display on my 4K tv and look the same as the 1080p tv if I do this. Thank you.

You have a 1080p file.

You're dissatisfied with the cleanliness of the footage.

You've determined that upscaling the footage is "useless"/not providing the sharpness/detail increase that you wanted.

You want a more detailed file.

You need to obtain some version of this file with more detail. We don't know the type of content, so whether it's higher bitrate, a higher resolution, or some combination of the two that does the trick for you is anybody's guess.

Refilming footage playback on a higher resolution camera is absolutely not going to somehow "invent" more detail for you, it's going to introduce even more noise into the images.

The *closest* we can get is the use of clever algorithms to upscale the footage, but you've already nixed that.