Graphics Card Upgrade

Saad Bin Shahid

Hi! please confirm i have core i-3 3rd generation processor and i want to upgrade my graphics card from GTX 780Ti to RTX 2080 so can it be suitable to upgrade the card or not?

10 minutes ago, lookpuppy said:

Obvious troll

Gotta give em the benefit of the doubt, not everyone gets it. There was a user incredulous that a $50 budget for a CPU to go with a 2080 ti was unreasonable.

Bad upgrade, i3 + 2080 = awful

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

29 minutes ago, Saad Bin Shahid said:

Hi! please confirm i have core i-3 3rd generation processor and i want to upgrade my graphics card from GTX 780Ti to RTX 2080 so can it be suitable to upgrade the card or not?

I think you should upgrade the cpu first. I know i'm a hypocrite since I have a i5 4690k and rtx 2070, but at least when I upgraded the gpu, my old gpu wasn't bottlenecking(gtx 970) and saw good peformance gains.

The i3 in your pc however is already bottlenecking the 780 ti, so you won't see any gains. I would go to a i5 8th gen series or ryzen 5 at the least if you are planning on getting a 2080

Damn....

On 2/1/2019 at 3:05 AM, fasauceome said:

Gotta give em the benefit of the doubt, not everyone gets it. There was a user incredulous that a $50 budget for a CPU to go with a 2080 ti was unreasonable.

Bad upgrade, i3 + 2080 = awful

Can you suggest which processor, mother board and ram should i upgrade friend?

On 2/1/2019 at 3:12 AM, Jitendra said:

Upgrade your CPU first, as it will bottleneck

which pc will i upgrade to dear?

3 hours ago, Saad Bin Shahid said:

Can you suggest which processor, mother board and ram should i upgrade friend?

Maybe get yourself a Ryzen CPU like the 2600. Make a pcpartpicker list real quick.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad