Ticwatch E connection issues... PLEASE HELP!!!

Go to solution Solved by DevinTheGreat,
3 minutes ago, kirashi said:

Unfortunately I do not. I had a chance to try out a few different Android Smartwatches a few years ago, including demoing the Samsung Galaxy Gear Live for 6 months in and out of the retail store I worked at. I have yet to see any Smartwatches due to lack of battery life on these devices - a watch's primary purpose is to tell time in a reliable manner, which means having a battery that I don't have to think about changing or charging every night. (That and I found that being connected at the wrist 24/7 was really taxing on my mental health & anxiety inducing, so I opted to stop demoing any further Smartwatches.)

While I'm not expecting years of battery from a Smartwatch due to all the other cool features they offer, it won't be until we get at least 1 week (with the option to disable everything but timekeeping & fitness tracking to attain 1 month of battery) from modern Smartwatches that I'll ever be able to recommend one as a watch replacement. That being said, if you really need a Smartwatch today, I'd recommend saving up for something of decent quality from known brands, like FitBit's Versa or Garmins series of Smartwatches.

ok! Thank you for all your help!

I recently purchased a Ticwatch E off of Amazon. It arrived and I paired it with my iPhone 6s. It worked great for a couple of days, but then all of a sudden it disconnected and it wouldn't ever reconnect. I tried factory resetting the watch and connecting it again. That time, right after the initial setup it disconnected again and would not reconnect. This is my second Ticwatch E (returned the first one for the same issue) and I am at a loss for what could be the issue. If anyone could help me sort this out that would be greatly appreciated.

13 minutes ago, DevinTheGreat said:

I recently purchased a Ticwatch E off of Amazon. It arrived and I paired it with my iPhone 6s. It worked great for a couple of days, but then all of a sudden it disconnected and it wouldn't ever reconnect. I tried factory resetting the watch and connecting it again. That time, right after the initial setup it disconnected again and would not reconnect. This is my second Ticwatch E (returned the first one for the same issue) and I am at a loss for what could be the issue. If anyone could help me sort this out that would be greatly appreciated.

The issue is that Ticwatch products are not reliable with all phones, at least in my experience. Boss at my old job kept buying cheaper alternatives to FitBit or Garmin Smartwatch products for their iPhone 5C they had at the time before trying Ticwatch's stuff when they switched over to an LG G5 Android phone. I don't remember the exact model of Ticwatch because honestly I lost all trust in the brand through this ordeal, but it did indeed connect & work for a period of time.

The issue is that it seems to eventually stop connecting after a certain software update was installed on either the watch or the phone that affected the way Bluetooth pairing was done, after which no further Ticwatches would pair with their G5. They ended up getting an LG G6 and replacement Ticwatch, which exhibited the same issues after certain updates were installed, so I straight up told them to purchase a FitBit Blaze or pony up for a Garmin Smartwatch (they're expensive in Canada).

I'm not saying Ticwatch is a bad company overall - I really would like to see more products competing in the Smartwatch space. However, until the connectivity issues around the current state of ALL Bluetooth devices is resolved, the only Smartwatches I've ever heard people really love using are either Apple Watch, or Garmin's expensive GPS enabled activity watches.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | REDACTED - 50GB US + CAN Data for $34/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

27 minutes ago, kirashi said:

The issue is that Ticwatch products are not reliable with all phones, at least in my experience. Boss at my old job kept buying cheaper alternatives to FitBit or Garmin Smartwatch products for their iPhone 5C they had at the time before trying Ticwatch's stuff when they switched over to an LG G5 Android phone. I don't remember the exact model of Ticwatch because honestly I lost all trust in the brand through this ordeal, but it did indeed connect & work for a period of time.

The issue is that it seems to eventually stop connecting after a certain software update was installed on either the watch or the phone that affected the way Bluetooth pairing was done, after which no further Ticwatches would pair with their G5. They ended up getting an LG G6 and replacement Ticwatch, which exhibited the same issues after certain updates were installed, so I straight up told them to purchase a FitBit Blaze or pony up for a Garmin Smartwatch (they're expensive in Canada).

I'm not saying Ticwatch is a bad company overall - I really would like to see more products competing in the Smartwatch space. However, until the connectivity issues around the current state of ALL Bluetooth devices is resolved, the only Smartwatches I've ever heard people really love using are either Apple Watch, or Garmin's expensive GPS enabled activity watches.

This does make a lot of sense–  it always disconnected after I updated Wear OS... Do you have any recommendations for Wear OS smartwatches in the 150 dollar range?

2 minutes ago, DevinTheGreat said:

This does make a lot of sense–  it always disconnected after I updated Wear OS... Do you have any recommendations for Wear OS smartwatches in the 150 dollar range?

Unfortunately I do not. I had a chance to try out a few different Android Smartwatches a few years ago, including demoing the Samsung Galaxy Gear Live for 6 months in and out of the retail store I worked at. I have yet to see any Smartwatches due to lack of battery life on these devices - a watch's primary purpose is to tell time in a reliable manner, which means having a battery that I don't have to think about changing or charging every night. (That and I found that being connected at the wrist 24/7 was really taxing on my mental health & anxiety inducing, so I opted to stop demoing any further Smartwatches.)

While I'm not expecting years of battery from a Smartwatch due to all the other cool features they offer, it won't be until we get at least 1 week (with the option to disable everything but timekeeping & fitness tracking to attain 1 month of battery) from modern Smartwatches that I'll ever be able to recommend one as a watch replacement. That being said, if you really need a Smartwatch today, I'd recommend saving up for something of decent quality from known brands, like FitBit's Versa or Garmins series of Smartwatches.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | REDACTED - 50GB US + CAN Data for $34/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

3 minutes ago, kirashi said:

ok! Thank you for all your help!