Advice please

noobbuilder
Go to solution Solved by KaminKevCrew,

I'd say you should grab a Schiit Magni 3 at the very least. Depending on how clean the audio out of your onboard is, you can likely just plug that straight into the magni with a 3.5mm TRS to dual RCA cable, but if not you can also grab the Modi - together they're $200, and they're a great way to get into quality audio without breaking the bank.

I just bought Sennheiser HD 660 S (may even swap out for HD6xx from massdrop ) and i am going to be using them via pc (mobo z370 taichi) .

I have zero knowledge about DAC/Amps and or hard to drive headphones.

What should i get as far as amp or dac or combo for $200 or less?

Uses:

It will only be used on a desktop pc so it dose not need to be portable but it will be used for long hours at a time especially when gaming 6-10 hrs at a time.

Music wise : classic rock,medieval folk,alternative,blues and some metal.

Thanks

Edit : i also have a yamaha 383 hooked up to pc and dont know if that makes a difference and whether i should hook up an amp/dac to that or directly to mobo.

Edited by noobbuilder
added info

8700k , 32gb ram , 2080 ti ftw3 ultra , msi gaming m5 , 7.1 kilpsch rp series , denon srh750 , sony 65x900f, 27tb's hdd's+ssd's , cooler master h500p modded case

I'd say you should grab a Schiit Magni 3 at the very least. Depending on how clean the audio out of your onboard is, you can likely just plug that straight into the magni with a 3.5mm TRS to dual RCA cable, but if not you can also grab the Modi - together they're $200, and they're a great way to get into quality audio without breaking the bank.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

thanks i will check that out.

8700k , 32gb ram , 2080 ti ftw3 ultra , msi gaming m5 , 7.1 kilpsch rp series , denon srh750 , sony 65x900f, 27tb's hdd's+ssd's , cooler master h500p modded case