Win 10,PC freeze sounds gone

baq

Hi everyone for the love of GOD i can't even figure out what's causing my PC to have those stuttering, it happens from time to time that now it occurs almost daily.... 

my build is

8700k - evo 212 cooler

ASUS z370-f

8*2 gb ddr4 3000 g.skill tridentz  (RGB)

GTX1070TI ROG

m.2 nvme samsung

ssd

3 HDDs

Thermaltake toughpower grand series 650w (RGB)

2 fans and led strip

2 monitors

Here is what happens, the whole pc freezes for a sec or 2 then resumes back, it shows that the sound cables disconnected and connected again(windows 10 notifications front audio speaker), sometimes the sound works sometimes i have to disable the audio driver(Realtek) from device manager and re-enable it and restart to work.

temps are always fine especially in cold weather so it shouldn't be a problem

I thought it was from the ram but I ran Memtest and had 2 successful runs with no errors. it shouldn't be the hard drive since the OS is on the M.2 nvme.

I thought maybe it's the PSU, I searched online but no mentions of same incidents.

Maybe it's from chrome while I have like 40 tabs, but I have the great suspender tab, it basically put it in suspended mode and you have to reload the tab again when you want to browse it, it shouldn't be a problem since the build is good.

weirdly i hear the HDDs spin when that happes.

ironically this never happened in my old build 3770k.

any ideas would be appreciated :(

soundcard.png.c982b0b4310b26d13ba67af463b2b8e1.png

sorry for the long post

Try a restore point

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

i dont think it would solve it, id rather have fresh install, it seems a hardware thing, my RAM usage is usually under 50% weird.

Hi, I had something pretty similar happening to me (buzzing sounds for a couple of seconds, full system freeze for a couple of seconds, audio disconnect/reconnect notices...).

I have 1 SSD + 2HDDs in my setup.

I smashed the Gremlin (?) by disabling an option putting an HDD to sleep by default after 20min of inactivity.

I switched it to "never".

Perhaps that could also work for you.

Capture.PNG

On 1/23/2019 at 7:33 PM, Kein Restarr said:

Hi, I had something pretty similar happening to me (buzzing sounds for a couple of seconds, full system freeze for a couple of seconds, audio disconnect/reconnect notices...).

I have 1 SSD + 2HDDs in my setup.

I smashed the Gremlin (?) by disabling an option putting an HDD to sleep by default after 20min of inactivity.

I switched it to "never".

Perhaps that could also work for you.

Capture.PNG

thanks alot man, thats not a bad idea , it could be it, thoughmy main activity usually on nvme main drive, but we will see, appreciate it :3

@Kein Restarr thanks dude, no problems reported yet, it seems this was tthe issue, new windows 10 here,forced to update with 8700k cpu, feelsbadman haha, whch is why i couldnt fighure it out, because it never happened on my old pc , win 7

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad i could help ?

Reading your troubleshoot, I could clearly see I went through the exact same trouble myself.

I also thought "how could this be the solution, that sounds sort of far fetched ?"

A good question.

For someone with more knowledge to answer.