Still Good Vid ?

FreeKat

Too save my self sounding super dum. I doubt the way its done has changed minus software but I havent done this before so I wanted to make sure that this video is still relevant for configuring SSD as a boot drive?

Basically all the same for modern windows.

Just put your frequently used and most important programs/files on your ssd, move the downloads and other folders(like games or videos/photos) onto your mass storage. That's what I do at least.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

I'll just add - libraries have kind of integrated into the default user folders, and they can still be moved.

Navigate to C:\Users\<username> in Explorer and all the folders with icons (Desktop, Downloads, Pictures, etc) can be moved by right clicking, going to properties, and then going to the location tab. This will set a lot of defaults to then use your secondary drive for storage instead of your OS drive, however the odd application will still default to using the OS drive (I think Radeon ReLive is an example of this), but you can usually change this to go to your storage drive anyway; it's just something to look out for.