Build Help

birdwarrior
2 minutes ago, XxEpicFortniteFanxX said:

I was on a bit of a budget so I had an 8700k and a 1070ti and it runs great but I would have loved to do what you’re doing. Props man I don’t have the self control to save that much money. 

I would like to make this to the point where I don't have to worry for many years to come.

I currently have a i5 (6 gen) and  16 GB or ram and I generally cap out my rig.

15 minutes ago, birdwarrior said:

would the 4ms response be a hindrance on game play?

If you are spending $4.5K then go with a G-Sync screen. You could go 3440 x 1440 120Hz with a budget like this.

Also no need for the 2nd screen to be a high refresh rate if you are just using it for the internet etc.

Yay should be good for about 4-5 years with ur gpu and cpu and ram is very universally compatible so can be upgraded whenever

Here is an example of a Ryzen build with 3440 x 1440 120Hz G-Sync just to give you another idea.

Ryzen 3rd gen will release sometime in Summer, maybe around June. If it lives up to the hype then we could see a real contender to the 9900K at a much less price. A good X470 board (Crosshair VII, Gaming 7, Taichi etc) should be fine with a bios update.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($308.99 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - MasterLiquid ML240R RGB 66.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($111.98 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: Asus - ROG Crosshair VII Hero ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($254.91 @ B&H) 
Memory: GeIL - SUPER LUCE RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($115.98 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Crucial - MX500 2 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($279.99 @ B&H) 
Video Card: Asus - GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB ROG Strix Gaming Advanced Video Card  ($1379.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Cooler Master - MasterCase H500M ATX Mid Tower Case  ($189.99 @ B&H) 
Power Supply: Corsair - RMx (2018) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($98.89 @ OutletPC) 
Monitor: Acer - Predator X34 34.0" 3440x1440 120 Hz Monitor  ($828.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $3639.70
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-01-19 13:27 EST-0500

There is also a new Gigabyte Monitor on the horizon that looks interesting. It is a Freesync but it should support G-Sync hopefully.

https://www.gigabyte.com/uk/Monitors/AD27QD#kf

https://www.kitguru.net/peripherals/james-morris/gigabyte-aorus-ad27qd-27in-144hz-ips-freesync-tactical-gaming-monitor-review/

Not sure on release date. It is still pre-order here in UK. Also it has some RGB lighting if that is your thing. So if you went for it then just go with a Gigabyte board i.e Gaming 7, Aorus gpu and Aorus ram, cooler and case that also support RGB Fusion and everything should sync.

Aorus RGB Ram:

https://www.gigabyte.com/uk/Memory/AORUS-RGB-Memory-3200MHz--With-Demo-Kit#kf

42 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

Here is an example of a Ryzen build with 3440 x 1440 120Hz G-Sync just to give you another idea.

Ryzen 3rd gen will release sometime in Summer, maybe around June. If it lives up to the hype then we could see a real contender to the 9900K at a much less price. A good X470 board (Crosshair VII, Gaming 7, Taichi etc) should be fine with a bios update.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($308.99 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - MasterLiquid ML240R RGB 66.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($111.98 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: Asus - ROG Crosshair VII Hero ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($254.91 @ B&H) 
Memory: GeIL - SUPER LUCE RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($115.98 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Crucial - MX500 2 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($279.99 @ B&H) 
Video Card: Asus - GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB ROG Strix Gaming Advanced Video Card  ($1379.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Cooler Master - MasterCase H500M ATX Mid Tower Case  ($189.99 @ B&H) 
Power Supply: Corsair - RMx (2018) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($98.89 @ OutletPC) 
Monitor: Acer - Predator X34 34.0" 3440x1440 120 Hz Monitor  ($828.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $3639.70
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-01-19 13:27 EST-0500

There is also a new Gigabyte Monitor on the horizon that looks interesting. It is a Freesync but it should support G-Sync hopefully.

https://www.gigabyte.com/uk/Monitors/AD27QD#kf

https://www.kitguru.net/peripherals/james-morris/gigabyte-aorus-ad27qd-27in-144hz-ips-freesync-tactical-gaming-monitor-review/

Not sure on release date. It is still pre-order here in UK. Also it has some RGB lighting if that is your thing. So if you went for it then just go with a Gigabyte board i.e Gaming 7, Aorus gpu and Aorus ram, cooler and case that also support RGB Fusion and everything should sync.

Aorus RGB Ram:

https://www.gigabyte.com/uk/Memory/AORUS-RGB-Memory-3200MHz--With-Demo-Kit#kf

so should I wait a few months in the Q2-Q3 to see what Intel/AMD releases next or is the next cycle to far away?

7 minutes ago, birdwarrior said:

so should I wait a few months in the Q2-Q3 to see what Intel/AMD releases next or is the next cycle to far away?

Depends on how eager you are to build something. There is always something new around the corner though, so you don't want to end up waiting around forever ?

There should be solid info on a release date at Computex at the end of May.

@lee32uk then I may just hold out to may(haha), that way ill just save up more money to maybe get 2080ti in NVLink and be able to afford the next newest processer on launch.