OSX Bootable Image

Hi all,

So I've acquired a MacBook Pro A1286 (no I didn't steal it) with no hard drive in it. So i need some sort of image to download and put onto a hard drive that will allow me to boot into OSX or something. I tried a drive with a Windows 8 image on it but while the Mac didn't have a flashing folder with a question mark (like it does without a drive), it had a flashing cursor for a few seconds in the top left then went to a black (but still on) screen and didn't do much after that. Searches on Google have yielded how to create bootable OSX images, but they all start with having a working OSX OS. I have none of that. Surely this isn't a unique situation?

Cheers guys,

Christian

I would check out some hackintosh sites and see where they get their ISOs from

Cpu: Intel i5- 4570 | Ram: Crucial DDR3 8GB | Video Card: Evega GTX 660 Ti 2GB Super Clocked

Monitor: Philips 24" | Keyboard: CM Storm Quickfire TK | Mouse: Logitech G700s |

Steam

I would check out some hackintosh sites and see where they get their ISOs from

They're all getting them from the Mac App Store, which i obviously don't have access to on a Windows PC. My dad has a Mac from his work but I doubt he'll let me touch it because he thinks I'll break it or something. 

I have found a torrent but it's 5.6GB and barely any seeders so it will probably take forever.

They're all getting them from the Mac App Store, which i obviously don't have access to on a Windows PC. My dad has a Mac from his work but I doubt he'll let me touch it because he thinks I'll break it or something. 

I have found a torrent but it's 5.6GB and barely any seeders so it will probably take forever.

Desperate times call for desperate measures

Cpu: Intel i5- 4570 | Ram: Crucial DDR3 8GB | Video Card: Evega GTX 660 Ti 2GB Super Clocked

Monitor: Philips 24" | Keyboard: CM Storm Quickfire TK | Mouse: Logitech G700s |

Steam

Desperate times call for desperate measures

Haha true! Anyway i ended up finding an NZB on usenet of the image so i downloaded it from there. Worked like a charm! But what i want to know is how to obtain a legitimate copy of Mavericks if that's even possible. Because i might sell it and i dont want to sell something illegal. Although it has updated fine to 10.9.1 and there is nothing that says it's not legit as far as i can tell.

Anyway I don't expect a response on a PC forum. Ive posted to the little Mac bitches over at mac-forums.com. Jeez there are some stuck up little shits there, but what more can one expect from a diehard mac user?

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Haha true! Anyway i ended up finding an NZB on usenet of the image so i downloaded it from there. Worked like a charm! But what i want to know is how to obtain a legitimate copy of Mavericks if that's even possible. Because i might sell it and i dont want to sell something illegal. Although it has updated fine to 10.9.1 and there is nothing that says it's not legit as far as i can tell.

Anyway I don't expect a response on a PC forum. Ive posted to the little Mac bitches over at mac-forums.com. Jeez there are some stuck up little shits there, but what more can one expect from a diehard mac user?

Cheers!

Glad to hear it. I think that aslong as you know you didn't brake any moral laws then it is fine in my opinion.

Anyway glad to help and I can be reachable by PM anytime.

Steam