PCIE 3 Audio and video stuttering with Vega 64 and Crosshair Hero Vi

WilliamRandol

I have been dealing with this issue for about a year now. But every time I update my bios I try to fix it.

I have an Asus Crosshair VI motherboard with an Asus ROG Vega 64 OC video card. If the PCIe is set to version 3 there seems to be some sort of interrupt issue. Both audio and video stutter. If I uninstall the Radion Driver the issue goes away but then I'm not really using the GPU. The only way I have found to make my system usable is to change the PCIe settings from version 3 to version 2. This works well enough that I don't typically think about it. but every time I remember it nags at me. I should really be able to use this combo with PCIe 3. I have tried a number of things online from trying to installing a program that constantly engages the sound chip to trying many different driver versions, as well as trying to see if any of the PCIe timing settings on the motherboard would help.  At this point, I am really curious to know what is actually causing the issue. I called Asus about the issue when I first got the video card and that went absolutely nowhere, and when I mentioned that setting the motherboard to PCIe 2 make it work okay there answer was basically "Then do that and stop bothering me." (paraphrased of course).

So yeah. Any ideas? Has anyone seen this before?