My pc crashes when playing/entering some games.

Thor69

Just built a new pc with some old parts i bought from a friend (cpu, mobo and gpu) and it is working good when watching streams, browsing on google, playing rocket league and csgo, but when i am playing/ in lobby Ring of elysium and Fortnite it just crashes and restart. I managed to play one game of Ring of elysium before it crashed.

Have not tried anything since a did not know what to try.

the gpu was on 70c on max in game and cpu 60c max, but both under most of the time

Windows 10 64 bit

BIOS Version/Date    American Megatrends Inc. 2205, 2/12/2015

Asus Z97-A Motherboard

Intel core i7-4790k

980 Phantom 4gb 

4x4 gb ram 1600Mhz

Hdd 1tb

Ssd 120gb

Intel stock cooler

Corsair vs550  550 watt

maybe your friend did use the gpu for mining? or is there an overclock applied on the gpu that makes it unstable?

8 minutes ago, NoobGamer2000 said:

maybe your friend did use the gpu for mining? or is there an overclock applied on the gpu that makes it unstable?

Nope was just used for gaming, but it was on 94c while gaming so i changed the thermalpaste to make it a much lower temperatur. 

It was crashing before i changed the thermalpaste, but my friend never experienced the problem when he had it.

A lot, if not most, graphics cards sold these days are actually factory overclocked, and not tested well enough at the clock settings they're marketed to run at - causing the exact issues you're describing here. It's actually pretty common these days to have this problem. Seriously, find out the real reference clock speeds for the card you have, and set it to those (so you'd be downclocking your card). This has a high chance of fixing your issue.