FPS Drops but good GPU and CPU

KimJongTiramisu
14 hours ago, homeap5 said:

Well, it is more probably then that processor OC may cause that problem.

Why? If your GPU bottleneck your CPU (your graphics card is fully utilized, so your CPU has high margin) then CPU is not fully used. When you use better GPU - your CPU is used more. And begin stutter.

Try to raise voltage a little or decrease CPU OC. Temperature is not the only factor.

I recommend for tests disable OC and use stock clocks.

I didn't overclocked the CPU. But if I set the Voltage on 1.39V. There were no drops anymore so far (tested in PUBG cause I could not log in to origin for 24 hours because I installed Windows to often on different hard drives). GPU usage still drops to 88% sometimes, but it's much better. 

14 hours ago, homeap5 said:

Well, it is more probably then that processor OC may cause that problem.

Why? If your GPU bottleneck your CPU (your graphics card is fully utilized, so your CPU has high margin) then CPU is not fully used. When you use better GPU - your CPU is used more. And begin stutter.

Try to raise voltage a little or decrease CPU OC. Temperature is not the only factor.

I recommend for tests disable OC and use stock clocks.

Raised Core Voltage to 1.41V and now GPU USage is nearly 97% all the time in PUBG

Set voltage and boost to auto. Your motherboard should handle it good and increase voltage when needed.

Changed back to auto and now I got lags. If I change the voltage to 1.4 I got a GPU utilization of 97% but after some hours utilization drops again.... I think I should try to change CPU... But I'm not sure.

• 11 months later...
On 1/25/2019 at 8:10 PM, KimJongTiramisu said:

Changed back to auto and now I got lags. If I change the voltage to 1.4 I got a GPU utilization of 97% but after some hours utilization drops again.... I think I should try to change CPU... But I'm not sure.

Hey, have you found any reason why your system behaved that way? Because it seems like my system has same issue.