Need help with new display!!!

JsDragon

i would go for the dell

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Isn't this the Asus monitor which is compatible for DIY G-Sync installation?

Isn't this the Asus monitor which is compatible for DIY G-Sync installation?

No , this is the 1440p pls monitor

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

No , this is the 1440p pls monitor

Oh okay.

I'd personally go for the Asus model in this case, and for that price you can get a 28" Dell 4K monitor too I think ( not sure about the refresh rate on that one tho )

Oh okay.

I'd personally go for the Asus model in this case, and for that price you can get a 28" Dell 4K monitor too I think ( not sure about the refresh rate on that one tho )

It's a 30Hz TN panel.  It's basically meant as a low-cost-as-possible option for business people who only need the large workspace.

Yes, go for the Dell, though I must say that new 4K 10 bit Dell that linus showed on CES....I want it so bad...

"Play the course as you find it. Play the Ball as it lies. And if you can't do either, do what's fair."

Yes, go for the Dell, though I must say that new 4K 10 bit Dell that linus showed on CES....I want it so bad...

Pretty sure that it will only do 30hz at 4K

Pretty sure that it will only do 30hz at 4K

well I can live with that, I would use it for productivity not gaming so it wouldn't matter much to me...

"Play the course as you find it. Play the Ball as it lies. And if you can't do either, do what's fair."

well I can live with that, I would use it for productivity not gaming so it wouldn't matter much to me...

Oh ok should be good for you then

Or get the 24inch 4K and enjoy 60Hz. Sure it's more expensive, but it also a better monitor.

Plus it will be easier to play 1080p games on it, as it's only 24inch and not 28inch.

Asus 27" LED PB278Q or Dell 27" LCD UltraSharp U2713HM

Get the Dell:

-> no PWM controlled back-light, and uses a true dimming circuit

-> Better warranty, and dead/stuck pixel coverage, where all warranty claims of any kind, will get you to keep the monitor while Dell sends you the replacement monitor, and in the box of the replacement you have a pre-paid shipping label. So you pay 0 shipping... something that will be costly and annoying to ship, due to the size and weight.

Or get the 24inch 4K and enjoy 60Hz. Sure it's more expensive, but it also a better monitor.

Plus it will be easier to play 1080p games on it, as it's only 24inch and not 28inch.

I would like that it's 16:10 though at 4K you'll have a ton of workspace so it probably wouldn't matter that much...though getting two A4 size pages in full on my screen is rather important for my InDesign workflow....