Bottleneck question :)

Go to solution Solved by Fasauceome,
1 minute ago, M4RC3110 said:

Wow thanks for the fas Reply do you know how hard the Bottleneck will be ? 

I mean, hard to quantify. The way I look at is that your CPU can handle a lot more graphics muscle before becoming the problem, so since you're GPU bound in terms of gaming power, you'll only be able to reach the best performance your 1060 can deliver. Hopefully that helps explain it, I can't exactly attach a number to it (unlike the bogus Bottleneck Calculator website.)

Hey guys i have a Question and i hope you can help me ^^ 

will a GTX 1060 6gb Bottleneck a i9 9900k ? (dont worry i am going to upgrade my GPU in a month or so but till then i wounder how good my i9 will run with my GTX 1060)

Thanks in Advance 

(english isnt my first language please forgve me ^^)

Technically yes but you said it yourself, an upgrade will unleash you CPU's full potential (more or less) so in a few months it won't matter.

Also, hopefully you can put the i9 to work and take advantage of all those 8 cores with HT because that CPU is well suited for more than just gaming.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Technically yes but you said it yourself, an upgrade will unleash you CPU's full potential (more or less) so in a few months it won't matter.

Also, hopefully you can put the i9 to work and take advantage of all those 8 cores with HT because that CPU is well suited for more than just gaming.

1 minute ago, M4RC3110 said:

I mean, hard to quantify. The way I look at is that your CPU can handle a lot more graphics muscle before becoming the problem, so since you're GPU bound in terms of gaming power, you'll only be able to reach the best performance your 1060 can deliver. Hopefully that helps explain it, I can't exactly attach a number to it (unlike the bogus Bottleneck Calculator website.)

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

Well yeah that explains it realy well ^^ i got it thank you very much that was very fast AND very helpful 

6 minutes ago, NIneEyeRon said:

My RX 580 is too weak for my i5 8400, 19% bottleneck.

Hope that helps

lol

13 hours ago, ears_ears said:

lol

I planned the build, sorry for the edit but it is actually an 8600.

The bottleneck is due to partly playing games that are CPU intensive so I plumped for the best speeds I could afford.

Also it will server me better when I finally go to something above 1080p...

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz