New pc build

Enigmolv

Hello, just today started with my new build.

Got :

i9-9900k

gigabyte z390 gaming sli

corsair rm1000 power

issue:

system wont start, cpu red light is on when i try to start. I have plugged 24 pin conector and also 4x4 connector.

fans, hdds, are working, as well as lights.

ideas guys?

3 minutes ago, Enigmolv said:

4x4 connector

4+4? Unless you have 16 power pins

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

16gb ddr4 2400mhz

120gb sv300s37a kingston ssd

8tb barracuda hdd

4gb msi 970gtx

10 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

4+4? Unless you have 16 power pins

I have atx 12 v 2x2 and atx 12v 2x4 port on board..

In addition yes, replaced ram slot and also retried to reset cables..

Could there be an cpu cooler issue?

What does your motherboard's manual say about the Red CPU light?  Maybe you need to check your cooler mount, 4-pin cpu fan connector, or the CPU socket (bent pin, gunk in socket, etc?).

If you're lucky and it's giving you a post code or a light array you could see what the motherboard says about that also.  I take it you don't have a spare CPU that works in that socket like an i3-8100 ?  To test if swapping CPUs changes things.

Manual says "..that means the corresponding device is not working normaly.."

Cooler mount?

4 pin is checked and good, fan spins.

Cpu socket fine as well.

And my old cpu wont support that socket.

5 minutes ago, Enigmolv said:

Manual says "..that means the corresponding device is not working normaly.."

Cpu socket fine as well.

And my old cpu wont support that socket.

Sounds like you may have a bad CPU if you're 100% positive the CPU contacts (bottom of CPU that meets the pins) and the motherboard pins look flawless.  If you don't have a friend/helpful person with an 8th or 9th gen CPU to borrow for testing with, you may have to open a support ticket with Gigabyte and see what they can do or take the setup to a computer repair shop for testing if the motherboard or CPU is bad (not Geeksquad, get a non-chain shop if you can).

edit: Just to confirm the motherboard will not POST and you have no video at all right?  That is tough, the only other thought is that if your bios can be updated without the CPU in it could try to flash a BIOS update, but only if Gigabyte supports that (I know some Asus boards do).

Well tomorrow will try local pc repair station, but hoped to get sime help here..

9 minutes ago, Enigmolv said:

Well tomorrow will try local pc repair station, but hoped to get sime help here..

I find it unfortunate that you're suggesting that because our responses based on relatively little information haven't lead to a solution you say you didn't get "help here".  Sorta feels like being taken for granted for offering free advice to be told "oh I hoped to get some help here...guess not"

Well you already said you don't have a spare known-good so we're trying to help with very few options remaining. I don't really think it's fair to us that we can't offer a known-good motherboard or CPU over forums...  Forum posts cannot in fact fix every CPU issue.  But if you ask a question in good faith, it will be answered in good-faith.

This how this level of issue boils down: it is the risk you run if the CPU and Mobo don't post, you either confirm the issue with a known good motherboard/cpu, or rely on OEM support.

• 2 weeks later...

So in the end after 2 weeks of service runnings it turned that nitherboard was with error on cpu, got new replacment and all worka now.

On 1/26/2019 at 3:17 AM, Enigmolv said:

So in the end after 2 weeks of service runnings it turned that nitherboard was with error on cpu, got new replacment and all worka now.

Thanks for the update, nice to know how things worked out. ?

so was it the motherboard or the CPU?  If it was the board that's nice to get confirmation that it was best-advice to try a known-good motherboard.