Need new headset

Silentknight

Im looking for a new headset (Wireless if possible pref. [With solid battery life] as wired ones tend to down too quickly for me).  Its being used STRICTLY for Voice comms only so it will need an on board mic, something of decent quality as it will be used for extended periods of gaming (Programs used mostly Skype and Ventrilo)

Any suggestions much appreciated.

I can budget about $200-250

~~Silent

• CPU - Intel x79 3820 @ 4.30 Ghz || Motherboard - ASUS Rampage IV Extreme || RAM - 16GB Corsair Dominator 1866 Mhz 4x4 || GPU - EVGA GTX 680 SLI (2x)

• Case - CM HAF-X || Storage - Corsair SSD 120GB/60GB WD 1TB Black || PSU - Corsair HX1050 || Display(s) - 3x@ 24" 1x Auxillary 19" || Cooling - Corsair H100

Keyboard - Mionix Zibal 60 || Mouse - Logitech G602

Well.... my PX3 isn't too bad but I'd listen to some other suggestions.

Obligatory separate headphone and mic post.

Sennheisers 598s or 558s with a zalman mic will be enough for chatting and gaming.

i7 4770k/Asus GTX 1080 TI/Asus RX5500 XT/Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB/Samsung 840 Pro 256GB/Seagate Barracuda 3TB/AX860i/ASUS Z87 PRO/Fractal Design Define R4/HD 598

Sennheisers 598s or 558s with a zalman mic will be enough for chatting and gaming.

Nah he says it will be STRICTLY used for Voice Comms.

So i guess he needs a better microphone.

- Intel i7 3770|Noctua NH-D14 -Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H -8GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 -Evga Sc Signature 2 GTX 680 -Fractal Define R4 -2TB WD Black Caviar -120GB Samsung 840 Pro -Cosair TX 650Watt -Benq XL2420T -CM Storm Quickfire TK -Zowie Ec1 Evo -Fiio E10 -

Audio Technica Ath-AD700x

No he said also for extended periods of gaming.

i7 4770k/Asus GTX 1080 TI/Asus RX5500 XT/Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB/Samsung 840 Pro 256GB/Seagate Barracuda 3TB/AX860i/ASUS Z87 PRO/Fractal Design Define R4/HD 598

What has that to do with mic quality?Thats just about comfort :(.

My opinion and suggestions for a Microphone would be:

-Blue Snowball                                                  (if you can deal with a bit less place next to your monitor).

-Blue Snowflake                                                (not if you have much background noice though).

-The next,newest Modmic,the 4.0 version        (Get a Zalman meanwhile.)

-Modmic 3.0                                                      (if you cant wait for 4.0 and its in stock)

-Zalman Mic1                                                    (hasnt got that good soundquality as all the others but its ok.Awsome for the Price.

And please tell which games you play and if you hear alot of music and when yes what genre.

For extended periods of gaming i can recommend the DT 990.

Its so damn comfortable :)

- Intel i7 3770|Noctua NH-D14 -Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H -8GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 -Evga Sc Signature 2 GTX 680 -Fractal Define R4 -2TB WD Black Caviar -120GB Samsung 840 Pro -Cosair TX 650Watt -Benq XL2420T -CM Storm Quickfire TK -Zowie Ec1 Evo -Fiio E10 -

Audio Technica Ath-AD700x

What has that to do with mic quality?Thats just about comfort :(.

My opinion and suggestions for a Microphone would be:

-Blue Snowball                                                  (if you can deal with a bit less place next to your monitor).

-Blue Snowflake                                                (not if you have much background noice though).

-The next,newest Modmic,the 4.0 version        (Get a Zalman meanwhile.)

-Modmic 3.0                                                      (if you cant wait for 4.0 and its in stock)

-Zalman Mic1                                                    (hasnt got that good soundquality as all the others but its ok.Awsome for the Price.

And please tell which games you play and if you hear alot of music and when yes what genre.

For extended periods of gaming i can recommend the DT 990.

Its so damn comfortable :)

Most of the time im using voice comms, im on WoW in which i have game sound disabled because i usually have iTunes on.  As for the type of headset, ideally id like it to be wireless both headphone/mic combo, be comfortable after several hours of use and not fall apart after a year.  I am planning on eventaully getting a dedicated mic sperate from everything else, but that wont be untill i can find a good quality mic that i can mount on a homemade ikea mic stand that i can dangle above my monitors.

I should also note that i would highly prefer that the mic be Analog, i dont have any available USB slots left.

I was looking at the Logitech G930 as ive seen alot of good reviews on it, and its well under my price range, just wondering if anyone else has used it, can tell me what the quality of the mic/headset is like etc.

~~Silent

• CPU - Intel x79 3820 @ 4.30 Ghz || Motherboard - ASUS Rampage IV Extreme || RAM - 16GB Corsair Dominator 1866 Mhz 4x4 || GPU - EVGA GTX 680 SLI (2x)

• Case - CM HAF-X || Storage - Corsair SSD 120GB/60GB WD 1TB Black || PSU - Corsair HX1050 || Display(s) - 3x@ 24" 1x Auxillary 19" || Cooling - Corsair H100

Both statements are technically correct.  Any non voice related audio is sent to my surround speaker setup, anything that is voice comm related ie: skype and ventrilo etc will be routed to my headset.

if your only using the headset for voice and no game music or anything like that, then just get a $20 MS lifechat. they are indestructible (compared to every other headset on the market) and mic is brilliant.

EDIT: You are just throwing away money spending any more on a headset at the best of times.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Well i got my 598s on Monday and they are really comfortable and I am planning on getting a zalman mic but you wanted better mic quality so get a snowball or snowflake or a modmic.