I offically hate windows 10

BootyDustBandit

okay so I am having more troubles with windows ten, so bad to the point of me just re-installing windows which of course didn't fix anything. 

I have a brand new computer assembled for my freind who wants to use it for VR. The problem is that on the first boot-up of windows everything goes just fine but the second time i boot all of the anything i pull up stops responding it doesn't matter what it is, even task manager stops responding. Before I just go with 'bad hard drive' and throw away a brand new 1 Tb WD blue, could anything else be the problem? I have tried multiple editions of windows even going as far as to wipe my windows USB and set it up again but nothing seems to be working. However it does start working properly after about an hour of waiting which obviously isn't okay.

thanks for reading this, any feedback would be appreciated. 

P.S. f#$k windows 10

edit: i'm a dumbass and forgot a parts list

CPU- A10-6800K (used, used to be my CPU before I upgraded to a r7 2700x)

motherboard- Gigabyte - GA-F2A78M-HD2 Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard (also used, was paired with my A10)

RAM- brand new single stick of hyper X fury 8 Gb (1600 Mhz)

GPU- RX 570 8GB (MSI armor Mk II)

HDD- 7.2k RPM 1Tb WD Blue (brand new)

PSU- 450w EVGA fully modular power supply

All parts have been tested and are proven to be functioning normally

And then suddenly you've got the reason people like me switch to Linux. It's a learning process but I am starting to hate windows so much.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

And then suddenly you've got the reason people like me switch to Linux. It's a learning process but I am starting to hate windows so much.

yeah, only problem is my freind knows nothing about computers and VR doesn't have a whole ton of support for linux.

Sounds more like a hardware issue than an issue with Windows. Process of elimination is pretty important, because jumping to conclusions before validating the issue can lead you down the wrong path and will cause hours of wasted time.

Do you have a second computer you can put a blank drive in, and load your image of Windows onto that for testing purposes?

Gaming Rig
Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7-6850k @ 4.2GHz

GPU: 2x FE GTX 1080Ti

Memory: 16GB PNY Anarchy DDR4 3200MHz

Motherboard: ASRock X99 Extreme 4

Encoding Rig
Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.7GHz

GPU: GTX 1050

Memory: 8GB Curcial Ballistix DDR4 2133MHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H

What happens on the third boot? That is after the second boot has been allowed time to escape its lag

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

Have u tried going back to Windows 7 ?

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

If you have a spare drive then, try it with that. If that doesn't help my best guess is maybe the RAM stick.

Maybe do a memtest and see what results you get. ( Hit Windows key + R and type in mdsched.exe )

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

• Have you run windows 10 before with hardware combination?
  • If you have, what has changed?
  • If you found compatibility issues, for example with hard drives supported modes in BIOS, have you tried to use a fix?

On 1/10/2019 at 4:14 PM, Frankenburger said:

Sounds more like a hardware issue than an issue with Windows. Process of elimination is pretty important, because jumping to conclusions before validating the issue can lead you down the wrong path and will cause hours of wasted time.

Do you have a second computer you can put a blank drive in, and load your image of Windows onto that for testing purposes?

Yes, sorry for the late response.
So what has happened is the problem kind of just went away. I disabled a few things that auto start-up when you boot into windows and that seems to have fixed the problem after two more boot attempts, i'm not sure if this is what fixed the issue but it is working now, if I have more problems in the future i'll get back to you.

On 1/10/2019 at 5:31 PM, Cyberspirit said:

If you have a spare drive then, try it with that. If that doesn't help my best guess is maybe the RAM stick.

Maybe do a memtest and see what results you get. ( Hit Windows key + R and type in mdsched.exe )

Every computer issue in my pc life has been do to RAM.