GPU Problems..

Car712

So, a little background here, I recently bought a MSI RX 580 4GB GPU, I had only been using the Ryzen 3 2200G APU until this point. I then install the GPU, remove the old drivers, attempt to reinstall new RX 580 drivers, dosent work.

I then go through every single combination possible of removing the drivers, restarting and reinstalling, safe mode DDU removal and reinstallation, chipset drivers installation, and Windows update drivers (which only caused a BSOD loop that could only be fixed by removing their drivers on safe mode) you could imagine.

When I do get past the AMD installer, it never actually installs, and I get the error 'No AMD graphics driver is installed' upon trying the radeon settings.

At this point, I have even REINSTALLED WINDOWS, tried the same methods, *absolutely nothing* is working. I am extremely angry at this point, as this GPU cost me $120, and ive been trying to get it to install the damn drivers for about 2 hours now, as I hardly ever have enough money to invest in new PC parts, it makes me very angry when they do not work.

If ANYONE has any idea whats going on, or what I can possibly do about this, I would love to hear your solutions.

Have you bothered to try installing the GPU in a friends computer to see if the problem is the card or the machine?

Just now, kb5zue said:

Have you bothered to try installing the GPU in a friends computer to see if the problem is the card or the machine?

No, because I just got this GPU today but I could try that

Just now, bobbyd52 said:

No, because I just got this GPU today but I could try that

Yea, before tossing it out, try it in a different machine to try and isolate the issue to the card or the machine.

1 minute ago, handymanshandle said:

This might be asking the obvious, but did you disable the integrated GPU beforehand?

You have to disable the intergrated GPU? I thought it automatically switched off???

(If this is the reason, im an idiot then)

Just now, bobbyd52 said:

You have to disable the intergrated GPU? I thought it automatically switched off???

Yeah. That could be the root of your issues.

This isn't really an AMD-specific thing, either, but since you're installing an AMD GPU in an APU-based system I'm sure your system is confused as hell.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

59 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

Yeah. That could be the root of your issues.

This isn't really an AMD-specific thing, either, but since you're installing an AMD GPU in an APU-based system I'm sure your system is confused as hell.

Disabled the APU in BIOS, set it to 64m, exactly the same issues. Is there anything else I can do?

Just now, bobbyd52 said:

Disabled the APU in BIOS, set it to 64m, exactly the same issues. Is there anything else I can do?

Hmm, not much else I could think of.

Does Windows throw up any error code if you check what happened with the card in Device Manager?

1 minute ago, handymanshandle said:

Hmm, not much else I could think of.

Does Windows throw up any error code if you check what happened with the card in Device Manager?

Yep, im getting this 'Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)'

7 minutes ago, bobbyd52 said:

Yep, im getting this 'Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)'

Oh boy, not Code 43.

Well, if you've already tried reinstalling drivers many times, it might just be best to try to RMA your card.

3 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

Oh boy, not Code 43.

Well, if you've already tried reinstalling drivers many times, it might just be best to try to RMA your card.

Only thing is, this is a RMA'd card itsself, it was a good price on ebay, and was still sealed, its not the ebay sellers fault, as the card wasent even used or opened yet, so what should I do?

Just now, bobbyd52 said:

Only thing is, this is a RMA'd card itsself, it was a good price on ebay, and was still sealed, its not the ebay sellers fault, as the card wasent even used or opened yet, so what should I do?

Hmm...

I guess talk to the seller about it and see what both of you can do. I've never been in this situation so I can't really say anything from a personal experience.