BIOS issues + Windows being Windows

NotAVAP
Go to solution Solved by Crunchy Dragon,

Reset the CMOS and then see if it works.

You should never mess with overclocking before installing your operating system.

Hey guys,

A few hours ago I built a system (2200g, r9 380, b450m mortar, 8gb 3200mhz) and since first turning it on I had a few issues.

Instead of installing Windows first I went into BIOS, turned on XMP and changed the CPU core clock to 3800 MHz. It went butter smooth, so I saved the settings and went to install Windows. 

4 months ago I made myself the Windows installation USB stick (or whatever you want to call it) and it didn't work. I tried every single USB port on the front and back IO.

Firstly it got to that sequence where you choose the language etc. Then it told me, that the system couldn't find an installation drive.

After numerous attempts to get it working I went back into the BIOS to check if the USB stick was even being recognized. It wasn't (and still isn't)!

Then something weird happened. My mouse and keyboard both froze, but the BIOS was (still is) running. I know for sure that the system is running because I can see the CPU/motherboard temperatures and time changing.

Do you know what's happening?

If you need any additional information then go ahead and ask!

You should never mess with overclocking before installing your operating system.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

9 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Reset the CMOS and then see if it works

Will do once I get enough sleep, pulling an all nighter wasn't a good idea.

10 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Yeah, I kinda figured that one out...

13 hours ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Just inserted the CMOS battery back in the system and installed Windows. Everything works so far. 

Thank you!