Do Mac Laptops work without batteries?

FockeSterben
Go to solution Solved by Oshino Shinobu,
2 minutes ago, FockeSterben said:

Tried. No response. But I have to say that the green light on charger starts to shine when I plug it in. Looks like it is Recieving Power. 

Try holding down the power button and then plug in the charger while holding it. 

If it still doesn't boot, probably best to get a new battery. I've heard of them just not booting without one. 

I have an old MacBook pro-2012 and some time ago the battery started expanding. After it getting Too big I removed it but now I am thinking of replacing the battery.  The issue is that without the battery (but plugged into the wall via charger) it is not starting. Usually all of the older laptops worked fine for me without the battery in it. 

Does anyone have experience with it?

You may have to reset the SMC and PRAM. 

I've had issues with Macbooks not charging/booting after swapping the battery. Could be the same when it's removed. 

10 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

You may have to reset the SMC and PRAM. 

I've had issues with Macbooks not charging/booting after swapping the battery. Could be the same when it's removed. 

Tried. No response. But I have to say that the green light on charger starts to shine when I plug it in. Looks like it is Recieving Power. 

2 minutes ago, FockeSterben said:

Try holding down the power button and then plug in the charger while holding it. 

If it still doesn't boot, probably best to get a new battery. I've heard of them just not booting without one. 

2 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Wow. It worked. It started up but now sits with a black screen and does a Beeb sound every 5 seconds

P.S i should mention by now that I do not have a trackpad right now (battery Expansion broke it in half) but i don't know if it changes anything

3 minutes ago, FockeSterben said:

Wow. It worked. It started up but now sits with a black screen and does a Beeb sound every 5 seconds

P.S i should mention by now that I do not have a trackpad right now (battery Expansion broke it in half) but i don't know if it changes anything

There's a few startup tones here https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT202768

Does it match any of those?

Just now, FockeSterben said:

I am an Idiot... (Of course RAM isn't inserted)....

Hahaha, try it with RAM, hopefully it works. 

As far as I know, it should boot without a trackpad. 

5 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Hahaha, try it with RAM, hopefully it works. 

As far as I know, it should boot without a trackpad. 

wow. So much thanks. After Installing RAM and HDD back. It did a Beeb. Went silent, and turned on with a welcome sound and login screen. Now its all about getting a new trackpad/mouse and battery

Thanks Again :D