High-end workstation

Hello people, 

my dad needed a high end workstation for his company to work with heavy files in c4d and this is what I came up with:

do you any suggestion or tips? they are very welcome!

*btw my dad insisted on 128 gb of ram so that's not my choice XD*693442714_Schermafdruk2019-01-0623_14_27.thumb.png.e57d7a1618366c2681f2e2304de78d6a.png121088953_Schermafdruk2019-01-0623_14_36.png.b83ffcaa2efd09f38d312e415c60c41f.png

goedeavond...

swap the mobo to a taichi, the gpu to at least a p4000, the cooler to a dark rock pro 4

fans can be swapped to dark wings if you want to stay inside be quiet

2950x if he wants to pay for it, ax or hx, go at least 850 watts

but this would do too, i just try to make it more a workhorse

2 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

goedeavond...

swap the mobo to a taichi, the gpu to at least a p4000, the cooler to a dark rock pro 4

fans can be swapped to dark wings if you want to stay inside be quiet

2950x if he wants to pay for it, ax or hx, go at least 850 watts

but this would do too, i just try to make it more a workhorse

dan wordt het wel al gauw te duur ideaal is rond 3000 euro

You need to know exactly what type of programs they're using. It gets really expensive, really quickly for no benefit if you don't. 

128 Gb on Ryzen 1st Gen tends to lose a LOT of memory clocks. 2nd Gen 2950X is highly recommended if you're going to 128 Gb. Or even a 2920X. Could go Intel, but you'll need to go to at least the 7920X there.

16 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

some questions:

1. i know someone who does c4d on a 1080 is quadro a bit overkill?

2. i heard @Taf the Ghostsay ryzen 1st gen doesn't handle 128gb well is this a big problem?

Just now, MaxxAap said:

some questions:

1. i know someone who does c4d on a 1080 is quadro a bit overkill?

2. i heard @Taf the Ghostsay ryzen 1st gen doesn't handle 128gb well is this a big problem?

why not? it's a workhorse, not a gaming machine. i know solidworks for example benefits big time on a quardo. a p1000 would outperform a 1080 ti in it.  

true, the first gen had some worse memory controllers, it might just be worth it to convince him to the 2950x

3 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

why not? it's a workhorse, not a gaming machine. i know solidworks for example benefits big time on a quardo. a p1000 would outperform a 1080 ti in it.  

true, the first gen had some worse memory controllers, it might just be worth it to convince him to the 2950x

okay but its only for cinema 4d, he only works with macs so his original config was one with a vega 56 and a 8 core xeon XD so i said wait a sec dad

1 minute ago, MaxxAap said:

okay but its only for cinema 4d, he only works with macs so his original config was one with a vega 56 and a 8 core xeon XD so i said wait a sec dad

you could also just do a 2700x 580 32 gigs for it... but you started with high end

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

you could also just do a 2700x 580 32 gigs for it... but you started with high end

that's true