High memory usage

I have a Dell XPS 8930 with 16gb ram, i5 8400, GTX 1050ti. I have the original install of windows 10 it came with.

after starting my computer it's already using 6.5GB of ram, why?

I also can't find any process using that much memory.task2.thumb.PNG.a6b073550f633e2573304bd9fb1887cd.PNGtask1.PNG.81be9a552fa210c79ed48416c6350dbb.PNG

To find out what's using your RAM, use resource monitor (located in the performance tab, bottom left). Unless it's 1 program that shouldn't using that much memory, i wouldn't worry too much. Ram that isn't being used isn't useful after all ;)

do you have the same results on a fresh boot? nothing started other than OS needs.

I just uninstalled all the random dell stuff now i'm down to 5.5GB used.

still think that seems high.

6 minutes ago, airdeano said:

do you have the same results on a fresh boot? nothing started other than OS needs.

That was taken right after turning on the computer with nothing else open.

I did not end any startup tasks though.

Uhh, it could be that you have one or several applications running which probably has too many tasks running in its tree array which are allocating more working set even if the theoretical pool isn't all used up. What you can do that can probably work is terminate all the Third party tasks that you think you don't use or are bloatware, then disable all processes to start up and reboot the system. It should fix this issue. 

If it doesn't work, you should slightly modify your registry to modify how user runtimes would utilize memory management. Well, I'm not quite the best person to know how to do it the best way, consider this article .

console.log("way to pro");

after closing ending the tasks of everything not 100% necessary I'm using 4.4 GB

is this normal for windows 10?