rx 580

Alex Popescu RO

hi guys, i have some problems and i hope you can help me. So i buy a rx 580 8gb strix, and doesn t work like i expect. In the most stupid game like ETS 2 max frame rate is 20 fps. So let me tell you other specks...: 

motherboard_ P8H61-M LX3 PLUS R2.0 asus

ram_ 8 gb

processor : g870 i think is dual core 3.1 ghz

power supply is 550w 

So tell me what to do, the video card don t work like i see on yt...

I m waiting your advice. I think is from CPU but I m not shure

I m using windows 10 too..

2 minutes ago, Alex Popescu RO said:

so, the rest components are ok?

yeah, the rest are fine. You just need a better CPU. Try looking for a compatible Core i5 CPU for your motherboard.

3 minutes ago, Alex Popescu RO said:

so, the rest components are ok?

and if you want to be on the safe side add another 8GB of RAM to your system.

16 minutes ago, Alex Popescu RO said:

hi guys, i have some problems and i hope you can help me. So i buy a rx 580 8gb strix, and doesn t work like i expect. In the most stupid game like ETS 2 max frame rate is 20 fps. So let me tell you other specks...: 

motherboard_ P8H61-M LX3 PLUS R2.0 asus

ram_ 8 gb

processor : g870 i think is dual core 3.1 ghz

power supply is 550w 

So tell me what to do, the video card don t work like i see on yt...

I m waiting your advice. I think is from CPU but I m not shure

I m using windows 10 too..

Buddy, your CPU is the source of the problem. The GPU is bottlenecked by the CPU itself. An upgrade to a newer platform such as Ryzen first or second gen or Intel 8th/9th gen. Also for that you'll need DDR4 ram.

|| CPU: Intel i5-8600K || Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212X || Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 HD3P || GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti OC Windforce 4GB || Memory: 16GB Crucial DDR4 3000mhz || HDD: WD Black 500GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB || SSD: Samsung 980 1TB || PSU: Corsair VS550 || Case: nJoy Ice Cage || Fans: Segotep Halo Ring RGB ||Monitor: 2x Dell 27" P2717H IPS Full HD || Second Monitor/TV: LG 49UJ620V UHD || Mouse: Logitech G502 || Keyboard: Logitech G810 + Royal Kludge RK84 || Speakers: Philips SPA-5300 subw + Arylic 2.1 + DIY Bookshelves w/ Dayton Audio || Headphones: HyperX Cloud Flight S ||

TO BE UPGRADED:

>> Headphones << >> Keyboard << >> HDD << >> Mouse << >> PC Case << >> Memory(another stick) << >> Graphics Card << 

3 minutes ago, That_PC_Kid said:

and if you want to be on the safe side add another 8GB of RAM to your system.

Although that would be good for future-proofing (and seems that the future is near, as more and more game benefit from >8GB RAM), I don't think it is necessary right now. I would wait for RAM prices to drop a bit, because they are more expensive than their weight in gold. :P

but its strange, the same processor CPU g870 with an 750ti works better thaan mine, and i have a rx 580, whhy? i really cannot understand...

6 minutes ago, Alex Popescu RO said:

but its strange, the same processor CPU g870 with an 750ti works better thaan mine, and i have a rx 580, whhy? i really cannot understand...

could be different resolutions, settings, things like that... you should upgrade it to a i7 on that gen if your mobo supports it if you want less bottlenecking