Laptop Not Booting into anything

DGamer35

Hello,

So I was on my HP Omen laptop and the computer froze without a blue screen. I had to hard power it down and upon doing so it won't boot into windows it would freeze on post. Also it does the same thing for booting into Linux and Linux recovery. Windows automatic repair and windows us recovery drive even a Linux usb OS won't boot everything freezes. I have a 5 month old m.2 nvme  drive as my main boot and a 1tb a secondary with a Linux OS as a partition. Please help idk what the issue would be.

maybe post to troubleshooting?

if you werent stated you have an nvme drive i will say probably due to loose sata connection. but for your case ive seen some machines with loose ram behave like this.

does it still posts? boot to bios and stay there to make sure there is no problem within the storage. or try booting from usb drive.

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

@zassou I've removed everything tested all drives to see if was a storage failure it still didn't boot. Same issue with the USB I cannot boot it will freeze after OS initialization. The bios is the only thing that doesn't freeze.

18 minutes ago, DGamer35 said:

@zassou I've removed everything tested all drives to see if was a storage failure it still didn't boot. Same issue with the USB I cannot boot it will freeze after OS initialization. The bios is the only thing that doesn't freeze.

do you have the model number? do you know the spec of the laptop?

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

Yes and yes

HP Omen Laptop -ax243dx

Cpu- 7700hq

Gpu- 4 GB Nvidia GTX 1050m

Ram-16gb 2400mhz upgraded from 8 same speed

Storage- 1tb 5400

Screen 15.6"

9 minutes ago, DGamer35 said:

Yes and yes

HP Omen Laptop -ax243dx 

Cpu- 7700hq

Gpu- 4 GB Nvidia GTX 1050m

Ram-16gb 2400mhz upgraded from 8 same speed

Storage- 1tb 5400

Screen 15.6"

so the only thing wrong is your ram, their speed dont match. it came with a single 8gb ddr4-1866 sodimm sticks, if you install a 2400 stick, they will only run at 1866 if not overclocked. but that's will not causes freeze on boot.

i will still guess you may have a loose ram. for a computer that doesnt have a lot of moving parts, thats your biggest culprit.

4 minutes ago, zassou said:

so the only thing wrong is your ram, their speed dont match. it came with a single 8gb ddr4-1866 sodimm sticks, if you install a 2400 stick, they will only run at 1866 if not overclocked. but that's will not causes freeze on boot.

i will still guess you may have a loose ram. for a computer that doesnt have a lot of moving parts, thats your biggest culprit.

Both are 2400 I verified after the install of the the new dimm I've boot tested with switching slot and sticks neither fixed the problem

2 minutes ago, DGamer35 said:

Both are 2400 I verified after the install of the the new dimm I've boot tested with switching slot and sticks neither fixed the problem

then it's probably a hardware problem, maybe bad solders on cpu or other components, if so you should get in touch with hp and see if they can get it fixed.

3 minutes ago, zassou said:

then it's probably a hardware problem, maybe bad solders on cpu or other components, if so you should get in touch with hp and see if they can get it fixed.

I'm getting a box shipped to my as we speak, I'm damn glah I bought the extended & accidental coverage. I'm thinking it's a GPU failure since when it tries to initialize the UI it freezes. Just thought I'd ask here to see if someone can think of something I didn't think off.

9 hours ago, DGamer35 said:

I'm getting a box shipped to my as we speak, I'm damn glah I bought the extended & accidental coverage. I'm thinking it's a GPU failure since when it tries to initialize the UI it freezes. Just thought I'd ask here to see if someone can think of something I didn't think off.

if it's a gpu failure then it probably won't output anything.

why it crash on higher level operating system but not on lowest level bios, my bet is bad solders on cpu, more specifically io pins belongs to what used to be called northbridge,  memory controller and pcie lanes.  

19 hours ago, zassou said:

if it's a gpu failure then it probably won't output anything.

why it crash on higher level operating system but not on lowest level bios, my bet is bad solders on cpu, more specifically io pins belongs to what used to be called northbridge,  memory controller and pcie lanes.  

I'll see what they say when they get back to me, if you'd like to know what the issue was I'll update?