Excel Drawing Issue - Draw Button Deselecting

OK this is for work, so the info i have to tell is limited for IT security reasons. But this is an issue no one here has seen and I figured I'd pull in all resources

Draw Button in excel is De-selecting
Within Excel, he can draw using the pen in a workbook, but if he moves to a new worksheet or saves the file and comes back to it, he can no longer draw in that sheet. The draw button deselects itself every time. He can open a new worksheet and draw, but when he leaves the worksheet and comes back, that new worksheet has the same issue. It's a bit wierd to describe so if you have any questions I didn't clarify, ask away

Surface 3 with pen and keyboard

Win 10 Enterprise

Excel 2016 thru the Office 365 license

image.png.457e1f288586154ac150640121d6117e.png

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

16 minutes ago, TopHatProductions115 said:

You may want to post that here as well (Microsoft Office - Support Forum).

i tried but the button to submit freezes... XD Microsoft doesn't like me

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

Did you report this to anyone at the workplace yet? If not, I'd get right to it, just in case it needs immediate attention.

5 minutes ago, TopHatProductions115 said:

Did you report this to anyone at the workplace yet? If not, I'd get right to it, just in case it needs immediate attention.

oh yeah we're working on it, I was just thinking I could outrun them in figuring it out