Question for a Ethernet Switch

raul2k

Hello, i just ordered an TP-LINK TL-SG105E. can i use it to give internet to 3 pc's if i have only 1 cable in my room ? Or this will only connect the computers without internet connection ?

4 minutes ago, raul2k said:

Hello, i just ordered an TP-LINK TL-SG105E. can i use it to give internet to 3 pc's if i have only 1 cable in my room ? Or this will only connect the computers without internet connection ?

I would expect the switch to work for you.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

44 minutes ago, raul2k said:

only 1 cable in my room ?

Older buildings only have telephone hook ups and maybe cable ones too, although newer ones can have Ethernet connections and wiring through the walls to connect to many other outlets within your house. You may be able to use this to your advantage if you have it, otherwise if your internet switch is very far from your router, you may have to go into getting a really long Ethernet cable. 

For the purpose that I am looking at the right product, could you please take a look at this linked product and make sure that this is the one which you are making reference to?:   https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1089829-REG/tp_link_tl_sg105e_5pt_rj45_g_b.html/?ap=y&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI45nM8oDT3wIVjlqGCh1_VQjEEAQYASABEgJuWvD_BwE&lsft=BI%3A514&smp=Y

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

53 minutes ago, raul2k said:

can i use it to give internet to 3 pc's if i have only 1 cable in my room ?

Yup, I have the same exact switch in my office. It won't do full 1Gbps, but for the price it's good enough.

-KuJoe