Help me spend my money-Gaming PC : tower

Hello all, 

I am looking to invest in a mid-range Gaming PC. I am looking to get a Tower. I do not care about how it looks, I just need to run games well. I also do not care if it has great lightening or not. I plan to decorate it with apple and swift stickers in order to troll other PC Gamers in my local community. What I need it to do is run Tomb Raider at at least 50 fps at default settings using hdmi with a standard HD monitor. 

I am, flexible concerning budget, but the lower the better. So be my obi-wan and help me. Y'all are my only hope(s). 

I won't be your obi-wan, I'll be Luke for now...

thought of building it yourself or letting it build somewhere?

3 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

thought of building it yourself or letting it build somewhere?

I have no desire to build it myself, however I want a mid-range pre-built because it could conceivably give me the option of upgrading the components myself in the future. 

2 minutes ago, Grigsy said:

I have no desire to build it myself, however I want a mid-range pre-built because it could conceivably give me the option of upgrading the components myself in the future. 

well, be warned with prebuilds... they can have problems with that anywhere and everywhere. from weird mobo layouts to custom made non modulair psu cables, weird connectors, locked down bios, refusing to start up with unknown hardware, all of this is possible and has happened to me before

4 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

well, be warned with prebuilds... they can have problems with that anywhere and everywhere. from weird mobo layouts to custom made non modulair psu cables, weird connectors, locked down bios, refusing to start up with unknown hardware, all of this is possible and has happened to me before

o.k. then let me clarify my question and open it up in light of this new information: only the following ports are acceptable and are needed: usb3 or usb3, hdmi, display port ports (usb c/thunderbolt 3 are a nice to have). an unlocked bios or the ability to unlock the bios would be strongly preferable. 

Motherboard layout and non-modular psu cables and connectors do not make too much of a difference at this point as long as I can get good price per performance.

4 minutes ago, Grigsy said:

o.k. then let me clarify my question and open it up in light of this new information: only the following ports are acceptable and are needed: usb3 or usb3, hdmi, display port ports (usb c/thunderbolt 3 are a nice to have). an unlocked bios or the ability to unlock the bios would be strongly preferable. 

Motherboard layout and non-modular psu cables and connectors do not make too much of a difference at this point as long as I can get good price per performance.

well, you can get everything except for that overclocking. only high-end prebuilds can overclock, and even then... but in the end it's your choise. look around for some refurbished desktops and put a gpu in it, or look at the used market if you can find anything. with a brand new system you could look into a 2200g system...

On 1/3/2019 at 5:00 PM, LukeSavenije said:

well, you can get everything except for that overclocking. only high-end prebuilds can overclock, and even then... but in the end it's your choise. look around for some refurbished desktops and put a gpu in it, or look at the used market if you can find anything. with a brand new system you could look into a 2200g system...

o.k. I have started looking into building in my first PC off of products I found on amazon. Please take a look at my first draft and help me lower the cost from 1500 and make it more efficient. Thank you for your help and I promise to actually build it if I get the help. 

Type Price (USD)
CPU  304.99
CPU Cooler 109.99
Motherboard 199.99
Memory (16gigs) 129.99
Storage(SSD) 512 SSD 167.99
NVME 32gigs 61.99
Video Card/GPU 350.99
Case 159.99
Power Supply  
USB Key (For windows installation) 12.99

$1,498.91USD

1 minute ago, Grigsy said:

o.k. I have started looking into building in my first PC off of products I found on amazon. Please take a look at my first draft and help me lower the cost from 1500 and make it more efficient. Thank you for your help and I promise to actually build it if I get the help. 

Type Price (USD)
CPU  304.99
CPU Cooler 109.99
Motherboard 199.99
Memory (16gigs) 129.99
Storage(SSD) 512 SSD 167.99
NVME 32gigs 61.99
Video Card/GPU 350.99
Case 159.99
Power Supply  
USB Key (For windows installation) 12.99

$1,498.91USD

edit: nevermind this is the other tread. give me a second

CPU Intel Core i7-8700 Desktop Processor 6 Cores up to 4.6 GHz LGA 1151 300 Series 65W
cooler CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i v2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, Dual 120mm PWM Fans, Advanced RGB Lighting and Fan Software Control
Motherboard Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming 2.0 (Intel LGA1151/ ATX/ 2xM.2/ Front USB 3.1/ RGB Fusion/Fan Stop/SLI/Motherboard) (Certified Refurbished)
Memory (16gigs) Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C15 Desktop Memory Kit - Black (CMK16GX4M2B3000C15)
Storage(SSD) 512 SSD Samsung 970 PRO 512GB - NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 SSD (MZ-V7P512BW)
NVME Intel Optane Memory M.2 2280 32GB PCIe NVMe 3.0 x 2 (MEMPEK1W032GAXT)
Video Card/GPU EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition, 8GB GDDR5, LED, DX12 OSD Support (PXOC) 08G-P4-5173-KR
Case CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB Mid-Tower Case, 3 RGB Fans, Tempered Glass - Black
Power Supply  
USB Key (For windows installation) SanDisk Cruzer CZ36 64GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive, Frustration-Free Packaging- SDCZ36-064G-AFFP

On 1/5/2019 at 8:22 PM, LukeSavenije said:

done

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant
Type Item Price

Video Card EVGA - GeForce RTX 2080 8 GB Black Video Card $698.99 @ SuperBiiz

Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total (before mail-in rebates) $1493.98
  Mail-in rebates -$50.00
  Total $1443.98
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-01-05 21:21 EST-0500  

What do you think instead of a GTX 1070 or GTX 1080 TI instead? 2080 seems a bit overkill or expensive?  I'd like to knock off a few hundred dollars off the price. I could also pay the same same price for the CPU and go for a xeon processor a couple generations back.

18 minutes ago, Grigsy said:

What do you think instead of a GTX 1070 or GTX 1080 TI instead? 2080 seems a bit overkill or expensive?  I'd like to knock off a few hundred dollars off the price. I could also pay the same same price for the CPU and go for a xeon processor a couple generations back.

you could. i would recommend the 1070 ti if the cost isn't that much more, and the 2080 and 1080 ti perform around the same. x58 has some nice hexa core xeons