Loud Kraken X72?

For I have a NZXT Kraken x72 and the AIO is very audible and sometimes a whining sound can be heard from the unit. For those also with a kraken cooler, have any of you guys experienced the same? Is the cooler suppose to be silent or is it supposed to be audible?

Example

9 minutes ago, Waynelu127 said:

For I have a NZXT Kraken x72 and the AIO is very audible and sometimes a whining sound can be heard from the unit. For those also with a kraken cooler, have any of you guys experienced the same? Is the cooler suppose to be silent or is it supposed to be audible?

Example

That isnt very loud, seems normal to me, I have the x62. This should be the sound of the pump, anyways if it really is broken do send them a ticket at https://www.nzxt.com/customer-support from my experience their service is pretty good. :) 

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 @3.85Ghz, MotherBoard: Asus ROG Strix X370-F, RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB 3000Mhz

GPU: GALAX GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti EXOC White, Case: NZXT S340 Elite Matte White, Storage: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB, PSU: Corsair CX650M

4 minutes ago, PokiDaSpitz said:

from my experience their service is pretty good

Not mine, unfortunately. But I would still call them if you feel your AIO needs to be repaired/replaced.

5 minutes ago, PokiDaSpitz said:

That isnt very loud, seems normal to me, I have the x62. This should be the sound of the pump, anyways if it really is broken do send them a ticket at https://www.nzxt.com/customer-support from my experience their service is pretty good. :) 

Yeah the video doesn’t really display what I’m talking about. The unit has this whining noise that happens during idle I beleive. It’s just been really annoying me. Do you know if the AIO is suppose to be dead silent?

Just now, Waynelu127 said:

Yeah the video doesn’t really display what I’m talking about. The unit has this whining noise that happens during idle I beleive. It’s just been really annoying me. Do you know if the AIO is suppose to be dead silent?

Aio arent supposed to be dead silent, if its dead silent means your pump is dead. you mentioned whining noise, is it high pitched?

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 @3.85Ghz, MotherBoard: Asus ROG Strix X370-F, RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB 3000Mhz

GPU: GALAX GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti EXOC White, Case: NZXT S340 Elite Matte White, Storage: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB, PSU: Corsair CX650M

Do you know if the AIO is suppose to be dead silent?

I have a Corsair H110 from 2014 era and I cannot hear it over the fans at idle. Of course I can hear and feel the water near the pump section when I get really close to examine.

Just now, PokiDaSpitz said:

Aio arent supposed to be dead silent, if its dead silent means your pump is dead. you mentioned whining noise, is it high pitched?

I’ve never had a AIO before, I apologize for any dumb questions lol. The whining noise is a little high pitched. I’m not sure about this but I think it happens under idle most of the time and little load. In the video turn up the volume all the way up and it’s kind of like that. It just bugs me.

1 minute ago, Waynelu127 said:

I’ve never had a AIO before, I apologize for any dumb questions lol. The whining noise is a little high pitched. I’m not sure about this but I think it happens under idle most of the time and little load. In the video turn up the volume all the way up and it’s kind of like that. It just bugs me.

Its okay, maybe you might want to send a ticket and see what the nzxt people have to say. :) 

23 minutes ago, Waynelu127 said:

Example

When i turn my volume to 100% i hear like a vroom vroom sound, is that what you are talking about?

2 minutes ago, PokiDaSpitz said:

When i turn my volume to 100% i hear like a vroom vroom sound, is that what you are talking about?

If you listen closely you can hear the whining over the blowing of the fans. It’s like a steady higher pitched sound.

2 minutes ago, Waynelu127 said:

If you listen closely you can hear the whining over the blowing of the fans. It’s like a steady higher pitched sound.

Im sorry cant really hear a high pitched noise

anyways you probably wont hear it while using headphones. 

1 minute ago, PokiDaSpitz said:

Im sorry cant really hear a high pitched noise

anyways you probably wont hear it while using headphones. 

Yeah it’s hard to hear. It’s not super high pitched it’s just a constant higher pitched “vroooooooo” (if I had to put it into words) than the surrounding noise. It’s just I was expecting the AIO to be quieter than a air cooler. 

I just want to make sure I don’t have a fualty unit that’s all.

Yeah it’s hard to hear. It’s not super high pitched it’s just a constant higher pitched “vroooooooo” (if I had to put it into words) than the surrounding noise. It’s just I was expecting the AIO to be quieter than a air cooler. 

Maybe you want to try download cam and setting your pump on a lower speed :) 

3 minutes ago, PokiDaSpitz said:

Maybe you want to try download cam and setting your pump on a lower speed :) 

I already have CAM installed, as my case also uses CAM for the LEDS. I have it set on performance because I noticed the noise on lower loads. Right now my temps for my i7 7900k is around 55 so it isn’t bad. Would lowering the pump effect the temps by a lot?

1 minute ago, Waynelu127 said:

I already have CAM installed, as my case also uses CAM for the LEDS. I have it set on performance because I noticed the noise on lower loads. Right now my temps for my i7 7900k is around 55 so it isn’t bad. Would lowering the pump effect the temps by a lot?

Not really, just try it out to see if you still hear the sound. 

35 minutes ago, Waynelu127 said:

Why oh why would expect AIO to be quieter than air cooler? 
AIOS are always louder, hence why it is a common belief that small-ish AIOs (anything under 280mm) are not worth the money unless you have very strict size restrictions

The sound in the video is most likely the pump. AIOs tend to use cheap, crappy, loud pumps

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold