Freeze while gaming?

Amir93

Hi guys, i bought myself a new gaming PC since about 1 month, here you're my specs:

- core i5 8400 with B360 AORUS Gaming 3

- RAM 16GB(2x8GB) 2666 MHz

- MSI GTX 1070 ti Gaming 8GB

- BitFenix Formula 750w 80+ GOLD

- Cooler Master MB511

- 2 HDDs x WD Blue 1TB 7200 RPM

It's working fine with no problem, but recently i received a problem that i don't know an explanation for, its occurred 3 times till now, let me describe it:

While gaming, its working so fine, but i got screen freeze, total freeze, the game is refusing to move to next part, i click ALT-TAB to try to open task manager and end game, however, when clicking ALT-TAB it shows the opened stuff, but doesn't want to get to any of them, only showing the game freezed screen, i click CTRL ALT DELETE, it shows that menu, when choosing to open task manager, its opened, but only shows me that game freezed screen, the only way to end this, is choosing to restart my computer from the CTRL ALT DELETE menu.

Any help with this problem?

Is this a problem with my graphics card?

5 minutes ago, Amir93 said:

Hi guys, i bought myself a new gaming PC since about 1 month, here you're my specs:

- core i5 8400 with B360 AORUS Gaming 3

- RAM 16GB(2x8GB) 2666 MHz

- MSI GTX 1070 ti Gaming 8GB

- BitFenix Formula 750w 80+ GOLD

- Cooler Master MB511

- 2 HDDs x WD Blue 1TB 7200 RPM

It's working fine with no problem, but recently i received a problem that i don't know an explanation for, its occurred 3 times till now, let me describe it:

While gaming, its working so fine, but i got screen freeze, total freeze, the game is refusing to move to next part, i click ALT-TAB to try to open task manager and end game, however, when clicking ALT-TAB it shows the opened stuff, but doesn't want to get to any of them, only showing the game freezed screen, i click CTRL ALT DELETE, it shows that menu, when choosing to open task manager, its opened, but only shows me that game freezed screen, the only way to end this, is choosing to restart my computer from the CTRL ALT DELETE menu.

Any help with this problem?

Is this a problem with my graphics card?

Did ur computer running out of memory ? 

Any programs opened in the background ?

Reminder to always be happy even in tough situations 🙂

14 minutes ago, Andrew54 said:

Did ur computer running out of memory ? 

Any programs opened in the background ?

Just 2 programs were running, Google Chrome and My Steam account, was just downloading some game.

And my computer never runs out of memory at this time and the previous 2 times, its 16GB, an average it was just 30-35% only.

Just now, Amir93 said:

Just 2 programs were running, Google Chrome and My Steam account, was just downloading some game.

And my computer never runs out of memory at this time and the previous 2 times, its 16GB, an average it was just 30-35% only.

how many chrome tabs you've opened ? cuz too many chrome tabs can impact on ram usage i believe

6 minutes ago, Andrew54 said:

how many chrome tabs you've opened ? cuz too many chrome tabs can impact on ram usage i believe

7 minutes ago, Andrew54 said:

my computer never runs out of memory at this time and the previous 2 times, its 16GB, an average it was just 30-35% only.

Strange question, do you really have an experience about what i'm asking about??

I just mentioned you my RAM usage in my last reply.

And only 1-2 tabs were opening.

More tabs means more memory usage, whatever the number of tabs were opened, its not a problem at all, because memory usage is safe.

5 minutes ago, Amir93 said:

Strange question, do you really have an experience about what i'm asking about??

I just mentioned you my RAM usage in my last reply.

And only 1-2 tabs were opening.

More tabs means more memory usage, whatever the number of tabs were opened, its not a problem at all, because memory usage is safe.

yea i never experienced this type of problem. could be the graphics card problem. 

Thing is, just from reading the post title, I assumed it was a driver issue and that the entire system was hanging up, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

There's also no way you're running out of RAM. Not with only a couple Chrome tabs, heavy as they might be on RAM sometimes.

Like it's such a weird issue that I can't even imagine, hardware-wise, what the issue would be. Doubt it's any of the major components. Same game? Have you tried just uninstalling it/reinstalling? I'm kind of at a loss here, I hope someone can decipher this. 

One quick thing. You have another PSU you can just plug into the components through the side of the case, just for testing? Might be worth a shot. Also, underclock your GPU by a big margin, just to see. After that, short of a full uninstall/reinstall of drivers with Guru3D's Display Driver Uninstaller, and/or reinstalling the game fresh, I'm out of solutions. 

11 minutes ago, bmichaels556 said:

Thing is, just from reading the post title, I assumed it was a driver issue and that the entire system was hanging up, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

There's also no way you're running out of RAM. Not with only a couple Chrome tabs, heavy as they might be on RAM sometimes.

Like it's such a weird issue that I can't even imagine, hardware-wise, what the issue would be. Doubt it's any of the major components. Same game? Have you tried just uninstalling it/reinstalling? I'm kind of at a loss here, I hope someone can decipher this. 

One quick thing. You have another PSU you can just plug into the components through the side of the case, just for testing? Might be worth a shot. Also, underclock your GPU by a big margin, just to see. After that, short of a full uninstall/reinstall of drivers with Guru3D's Display Driver Uninstaller, and/or reinstalling the game fresh, I'm out of solutions. 

My driver is up to date, also this problem occurred 1 time with my previous driver.

Not the same game, happened 3 times with 3 different games, all were fresh install.

And i don't have PSU to test with, my current gaming PC is actually my 1st one since a very long time away from gaming.

Gaming itself is running smooth and fine with no problem at all, this problem i'm talking about just happened 3 times during the last month, no solution to get rid of it except restarting my PC as i clarified.