Microphone not working

amanpreet17

I accidentally downloaded two different audio drivers for my headphones(realtek hd audio and razer surrond sound) and i deleted the razer one and everything was working fine until I realized my mic wasn't working, nothing I did would make it work. What should I do to make the mic work.

9 minutes ago, amanpreet17 said:

I accidentally downloaded two different audio drivers for my headphones(realtek hd audio and razer surrond sound) and i deleted the razer one and everything was working fine until I realized my mic wasn't working, nothing I did would make it work. What should I do to make the mic work.

This is just my experience from a Blue Yeti, but I just plugged in my Yeti and setup the microphone according to the program I was using. I do believe you need realtek audio by default (I could be wrong though).

I would make sure the program or game microphone settings are setup correctly. I know Discord can be a little funky (for me at least) when it comes to microphone settings.

I only use windows 7 but this should still apply. If you open up the "sound" tab in the control panel it should bring up all the mics and headsets detected. Click on the mic you want to use and set it as the default.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu