Multi Display Adapter

SoftwareNinja

Hi all,

I have a triple Monitor display setup in my home office and I work on both Windows and Mac.

Currently my main Desktop PC is connected to all 3 monitors via Display Port to HDMI.

What i want to do is have all 3 monitors connected to a box of some sort and then the box is also connected to both my PC and MAC

and will allow me to swap between what I want to display across all 3 monitors(Display Windows or Mac on tripe display).

Would anyone have recommendations on what I could to use to achieve this without having to swap wires etc, looking to keep the setup neat.

Thanks in advance, look forward to viewing your recommendations.

4 minutes ago, SD2020_ said:

Yes all Displays are 1920x1080p and support HDMI.

With the PCs Displayport out, all 3 displays can be driven with a Multi Stream Transport hub like that Club3D one. Mac also has Displayport out?

Oh... Will this MST hub work in Mac OSX? Mac doesn't seem to like MST?

1 minute ago, Zagna said:

With the PCs Displayport out, all 3 displays can be driven with a Multi Stream Transport hub like that Club3D one. Mac also has Displayport out?

Okay so this one HUB would allow Keyboard, mouse, mic etc to connect for switching also? The mac is HDMI out, could possibly use an adapter.

The Graphics card on my Desktop does have a HDMI port also.

2 minutes ago, SD2020_ said:

Okay so this one HUB would allow Keyboard, mouse, mic etc to connect for switching also? The mac is HDMI out, could possibly use an adapter.

The Graphics card on my Desktop does have a HDMI port also.

HDMI allows for only a single display out. So KVM+MST setup wouldn't work for you at all.

Unless you have Thunderbolt 3 which seems to have DP 1.2?

HDMI allows for only a single display out. So KVM+MST setup wouldn't work for you at all.

I only one to either have my Mac displayed on all screens or my Desktop, Would there be a device that allows me to switch between HDMI Inputs to display on all 3 monitors?

So a single mac screen duplicated on all 3 screens, or 3 separate PC desktops?

HDMI Splitter 1 in 4 out to duplicate Mac and 3x HDMI switcher so you can switch screens from Pc or Mac?

A single device to handle 3 outputs is expensive so 3 separate switchers is cheap.

So a single mac screen duplicated on all 3 screens, or 3 separate PC desktops?

HDMI Splitter 1 in 4 out to duplicate Mac and 3x HDMI switcher so you can switch screens from Pc or Mac?

A single device to handle 3 outputs is expensive so 3 separate switchers is cheap.

A single mac displayed across all 3 screens as the middle screen the main and the right and left as second and third monitors and then switch the to a single Desktop PC for the same layout.

4 minutes ago, SD2020_ said:

A single mac displayed across all 3 screens as the middle screen the main and the right and left as second and third monitors and then switch the to a single Desktop PC for the same layout.

I still don't understand.

Mac with just a HDMI out, can only output a single monitor image. It cannot output 3 separate displays. With just a single HDMI out, the same image would appear on all 3 monitors. Are you thinking you can get 3 different displays from a single HDMI out?

Let's get one thing clear, which specific Mac device you have?

7 minutes ago, Zagna said:

I still don't understand.

Mac with just a HDMI out, can only output a single monitor image. It cannot output 3 separate displays. With just a single HDMI out, the same image would appear on all 3 monitors. Are you thinking you can get 3 different displays from a single HDMI out?

Let's get one thing clear, which specific Mac device you have?

Macbook Pro 2015

6 minutes ago, SD2020_ said:

Macbook Pro 2015 

The Thunderbolt 2 port does have Displayport 1.2 so you could use the DP MST KVM  and MST HDMI Triple hub. Seems Mac OS doesn't like MST?

Anyway, you can get HDMI splitters to duplicate the single image to multiple displays and switchers to switch from PC/MAC.