Ram upgrade

Go to solution Solved by Ungefeiert,
1 minute ago, Ungefeiert said:

It needs to be the same speed regarding "Mhz" and (i think) "CL x(x = Number)). Preferably you should buy the same ram again.

It needs to be timed like your old RAM (your RAM is timed 16-16-16-39) and it has to be 2400Mhz like your old RAM.

Hey guys. For a future upgrade on my setup, I will probably buy another set of 2x4 gb ram. What do I have to check to upgrade ram? What separate a good ram than a bad ram ? 

Thanks for your reply

Setup : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/6vYYBb

It needs to be the same speed regarding "Mhz" and (i think) "CL x(x = Number)). Preferably you should buy the same ram again.

It needs to be timed like your old RAM (your RAM is timed 16-16-16-39) and it has to be 2400Mhz like your old RAM.

2 minutes ago, Over_Confident said:

Thanks ! Man

No problem! Though you might consider selling your old RAM and investing in a much faster 2x8GB kit depending on your plattform. Intel = Doesn't matter that much // Ryzen = Yeah, sure, go ahead!

3 minutes ago, Ungefeiert said:

No problem! Though you might consider selling your old RAM and investing in a much faster 2x8GB kit depending on your plattform. Intel = Doesn't matter that much // Ryzen = Yeah, sure, go ahead!

I have a ryzen 3 2200 g but is it really that worth it ? My 2x4 gb kit is almost new. Got my setup 2 weeks ago.

Just now, Over_Confident said:

I have a ryzen 3 2200 g but is it really that worth it ? My 2x4 gb kit is almost new. Got my setup 2 weeks ago.

Well, it's always a good idea if it's possible. How much are you getting back by selling the RAM and how much does a 2x8GB kit cost? What's the upcost if you sell and buy and what's the upcost if you just buy the same ?

Well, it's always a good idea if it's possible. How much are you getting back by selling the RAM and how much does a 2x8GB kit cost? What's the upcost if you sell and buy and what's the upcost if you just buy the same ?

hmm. By seling my kit, I would probably get 70$cad. A 2x8 kit would be about 140$ cad. But If a buy another 2x4 gb, It will cost 90$ cad. Same kit

1 hour ago, Over_Confident said:

hmm. By seling my kit, I would probably get 70$cad. A 2x8 kit would be about 140$ cad. But If a buy another 2x4 gb, It will cost 90$ cad. Same kit

So it'd be cheaper? Do it, if you can!