Can't uninstall TT RGB Plus

So everytime I start up my PC the TT RGB Plus software pops up on the screen, but because it's not working for me I wanted to uninstall it. If I go to the file directory and use the uninstaller it says that TT RGB has been uninstalled, but it has not. It still pops up every time when I boot up my PC. So there is an option in the software itself that if ticked, it stops the software from running on startup. This doesn't work either. I tried going into the startup panel in Task Manager, but the program is not there... I tried finding it in the Administrative Tools -> Services, but it's not there. Also If I try to uninstall it using the control panel -> uninstall, it brings up the same software uninstaller that says it has been uninstalled, but again it has not.

How can I get rid of that? It's really annoying.

14 minutes ago, Space_Station_X said:

So everytime I start up my PC the TT RGB Plus software pops up on the screen, but because it's not working for me I wanted to uninstall it. If I go to the file directory and use the uninstaller it says that TT RGB has been uninstalled, but it has not. It still pops up every time when I boot up my PC. So there is an option in the software itself that if ticked, it stops the software from running on startup. This doesn't work either. I tried going into the startup panel in Task Manager, but the program is not there... I tried finding it in the Administrative Tools -> Services, but it's not there. Also If I try to uninstall it using the control panel -> uninstall, it brings up the same software uninstaller that says it has been uninstalled, but again it has not.

How can I get rid of that? It's really annoying.

Look into two things :

- Is it selected as one of your startup programs when you power your system on?

- is it running in the background processors in task manager?

Just now, Quagmaire said:

Look into two things :

- Is it selected as one of your startup programs when you power your system on?

- is it running in the background processors in task manager?

It's not selected as one of the startup programs in Task Manager, because it's not even showing up there. Yes, it's running in the background processes

On 12/29/2018 at 11:07 AM, SuperCloneRanger said:

I would try Revo uninstaller, download the pro version(trial) and use the force uninstall option.

https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

I downloaded the pro version and used the Forced Uninstall, I unchecked the software uninstaller option so that it simply uninstalls it. It said that there is no trace of it left and that it was sucessful, but the software is still there and opens up every time I boot my PC.... Help :D

• 6 months later...

Hey mate,

Crazy late to the response, but I just had a similar issue and found your thread.

If you're still having the issue, I found the location for this software is actually in Program Files, NOT (x86). Locate the Uninstall file there, it should completely remove the software.

I had a pesky "start" file in there that stayed and prompted me to run the .exe each time my PC started, had to manually delete the Tt folder from Program Files after uninstalling.

Hope this helps.

-Hadz

• 1 month later...
On 7/24/2019 at 6:22 AM, Hadz said:

Hey mate,

Crazy late to the response, but I just had a similar issue and found your thread.

If you're still having the issue, I found the location for this software is actually in Program Files, NOT (x86). Locate the Uninstall file there, it should completely remove the software.

I had a pesky "start" file in there that stayed and prompted me to run the .exe each time my PC started, had to manually delete the Tt folder from Program Files after uninstalling.

Hope this helps.

-Hadz

OMG Thank you lol!