Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Unreal engine 4 forums

I was on the Unreal engine 4 forums today i notice something very interesting some asking about anyone had a 2990WX, 2950x or 1950x, and someone say use a 1950x is better value for performance, i thought a 2950x would be better on number performance, i remember a while ago other people on Unreal engine 4 saying you don't need anymore then a 4 core CPU back then i was thinking between 8 to 18 cores, look at UE4 now developers are now needing higher CPU Core counts so they are not running into issues like UE4 crashes, so that is why i am thinking about using 2990WX or second choice to full back on 2950x, so i could be a head of the class. 

I was doing projects in Unreal using an overclocked i7-5820k and had massive problems with compiling. I let my computer compile the project for over 20 hours at 100% CPU usage and it only got the compilation 3% done. Threadripper chips are definitely performance king when it comes to working in Unreal, especially if your doing ambitious heavily detailed world design.

I also think the discussion was more about price to performance. Because most people are not going to be willing to spend 1800 on a CPU alone.

8 hours ago, ThePD said:

I was doing projects in Unreal using an overclocked i7-5820k and had massive problems with compiling. I let my computer compile the project for over 20 hours at 100% CPU usage and it only got the compilation 3% done. Threadripper chips are definitely performance king when it comes to working in Unreal, especially if your doing ambitious heavily detailed world design.

I also think the discussion was more about price to performance. Because most people are not going to be willing to spend 1800 on a CPU alone.

Hay i just wanting to know i own a MSI geforce GTX 1080Ti direct X 12.  Is that compatible with the unreal engine 4.21.  Will be any issues, as for CPU im thinking very seriously dropping back from the 2990WX and purchase a 2950x and make do with the 2 gen AMDs CPU so i don't have to wait and purchase one in may, and purchase a 2950x TR4 CPU in February 2019, i think i would be much happy and more appropriate, anyway it will still have 16 cores.

2950 is probably 15% faster for 20% more so I guess that does semi make it better "value" if you don't have a value on your time...

AMD 5900X / Gigabyte X570 Auros Pro / 64GB @ 3600c16 / 2TB Samsung 980 Pro Heatsink 4.0x4 / 4TB total Inland TLC 3.0x4 / 3.84TB Samsung PM983 / EVGA FTW3 3080 / Corsair RM750x /Thermaltake View71 / LG C1 48in OLED

Custom water loop EK Vector AM4, D5 pump, Coolstream 420 radiator

11 hours ago, ThePD said:

Hay i just wanting to know i own a MSI geforce GTX 1080Ti direct X 12 is that compatible with the unreal engine 4.21, i also like to know how do you find using UE4 blueprinting, setting up all those nodes Landscape coordinates, Grass Layer, grass hight, dirt Layer, dirt hight, linking them all up to to the end result real world, Opacity, specular, metallic ect, also is it okay to copy someone elses blueprint Layout, while watching UE4 blueprint tutorials on the other monitor while i am landscaping, when it comes for me to do the Blueprinting before i add the market place assets after i crafted the landscape, then as im doing the blueprints to set up all the nodes i watching Blueprint tutorial and copy exactly what the tutor puts into each node.

So the game i think i do is a elder scrolls of Tamriel, i did some research i found a map of planet Nirn, it shows me the entire map of Tamriel Skyrim, Hammerfell, Valenwood, Vardenfel, Sommerset Isles, Solstien, Elsewhere, Cyradill, it is a whole island surrounded by oceans, so im thinking recreate whole of Skyrim as well edge of map 10km from Land so i open UE4 grid not C++ the blueprint one with grid create a grid 400 by 400 or 1000 by 1000 quads depending on maximum amount of grids purchase any phoscanned 4K tree and pine tree grass asset packages from UE4 market place all the phoscanned 4K up to 8K assets then go and sculpt the entire island of Tamriel with all mountains, valleys, boarders also make Tamriel 400 or 500 square kms, add all castles also i thinking for Riverwood i think Rivendale from Hollywood quality, for the forest of Falcreath use that Laurien Forest from LOTR, that forest in LOTR where it shows Froado walking up a spiral staircase going around a tree, for High Hrothga, got to go though the same looking the minds of Moria, instead of using those dumb looking Ocs Bethesda used in Skyrim, i use the Ocs assets from LOTR their what you call Ocs, as for Dragons Dragons out of the movie Rain of Fire and the dragon from LOTR the witch king of agma road, use same quality of bears from Farcy 5, for the city of Solitude the seen out of return of the king at the end, for riften use the village from the Hobit movie the massive Lake town the big wooden one in the center of the Lake Smaug nearly destroyed, for the college of Winterhold, use exact looking Hogworts from Harry Potter movie, for Windhelm replace it with Minastillith, for Roreksteed replace with replica Roharn, also use the ocean physics asset to create real ocean surf waves, instead of that blobs of saliva moving water looking like water is travelling under land using the UE4 ocean physics to get the same ocean physics in this world, O don't get me started about ships in Skyrim, instead of using crape like that, use blender to craft real looking Captain cook ships Manawars 60 gun ships in Tamriel.