Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Pc doesnt boot

abcde06991
 Share

Part list:

PCPartPicker part list: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/DYMcr6
Price breakdown by merchant: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/DYMcr6/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($422.10 @ Amazon Australia) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - B450 AORUS PRO WIFI (rev. 1.0) ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($229.00 @ Mwave Australia) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory 
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($54.50 @ Shopping Express) 
Video Card: XFX - Radeon RX 470 4 GB HS Triple X Video Card 
Case: Corsair - Air 540 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($164.65 @ JW Computers) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM 750 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($120.15 @ JW Computers) 
Total: $990.40
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-12-27 20:45 AEDT+1100

 

Got a new mobo ram and a cpu recently for christmas and the motherboard doesnt seem to work. When all hooked up and i turn the power supply on, the motherboard lights flash once and nothing. Pressing the power button does nothing, and ive checked and made sure the power button is on the right pins. The lights on the ram come on, or they used to after a bit. Ive tried turning it on with just the necessary bits and still nothing. Moved ram, checked cpu, and checked the power supply. Any help or something to try would be appreciated

 

album: http://imgur.com/a/jrdvB47

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, abcde06991 said:

Part list:

PCPartPicker part list: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/DYMcr6
Price breakdown by merchant: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/DYMcr6/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($422.10 @ Amazon Australia) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - B450 AORUS PRO WIFI (rev. 1.0) ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($229.00 @ Mwave Australia) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory 
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($54.50 @ Shopping Express) 
Video Card: XFX - Radeon RX 470 4 GB HS Triple X Video Card 
Case: Corsair - Air 540 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($164.65 @ JW Computers) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM 750 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($120.15 @ JW Computers) 
Total: $990.40
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-12-27 20:45 AEDT+1100

 

Got a new mobo ram and a cpu recently for christmas and the motherboard doesnt seem to work. When all hooked up and i turn the power supply on, the motherboard lights flash and nothing. Pressing the power button does nothing, and ive checked and made sure the power button is on the right pins. The lights on the ram come on, or they used to after a bit. Ive tried turning it on with just the necessary bits and still nothing. Moved ram, checked cpu, and checked the power supply. Any help or something to try would be appreciated

 

album: http://imgur.com/a/jrdvB47

Is everything plugged in right ? Sata , 24 pin 8 pin and so on? 

 

Which picture do you get on your screen(BIOs or not even that?) Cause if you dont get any picture check the Conections on MB and Monitor, maybe try plugging the monitor in the MB to use the integrated graphics to check bios and so on( if it has integrated graphics, i dont know rn and im lazy to search for it).

CPU: i7-8700K@5ghz

Motherboard: ASUS Z370-F Gaming

RAM: 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Vengeance

GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX 1080Ti OC

Case: DARK BASE 900

Storage 1.: 2 TB HDD of Toshiba

Storage 2.:  SAMSUNG 860 EVO  250 GB SSD

PSU: 650W Straight Power 11

Display(s): ASUS VX228(H)

Cooling: SILENT LOOP 360

Keyboard: ASUS STRIX FLARE

Mouse:  ASUS ROG GLADIUS 2

Sound: Sennheiser Game Zero

Operating System: Windows 10

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Tobias S. said:

Is everything plugged in right ? Sata , 24 pin 8 pin and so on? 

 

Which picture do you get on your screen(BIOs or not even that?) Cause if you dont get any picture check the Conections on MB and Monitor, maybe try plugging the monitor in the MB to use the integrated graphics to check bios and so on( if it has integrated graphics, i dont know rn and im lazy to search for it).

Im sure nothing would be coming through the output right? None of the fans spin up, hard drive doesnt spin up, no lights come on. Because if it is going to bios even though it shows no sign of life i feel stupid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Tobias S. Ryzen 2700x doesn’t come with iGPU.

 

@abcde06991 power supply seems a bit overkill for this system. Could save some money there and go with a 550w perhaps. Personally have a Corsair RM550x w same CPU and a 2070RTX

 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, abcde06991 said:

Im sure nothing would be coming through the output right? None of the fans spin up, hard drive doesnt spin up, no lights come on. Because if it is going to bios even though it shows no sign of life i feel stupid.

And you’re sure that everything is connected correctly ? All the power pins, all the fan pins, SATA cables etc etc 

 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Tobias S. said:

maybe try plugging the monitor in the MB to use the integrated graphics to check bios and so on( if it has integrated graphics, i dont know rn and im lazy to search for it).

The Ryzen 2700X does not have integrated graphics.

Worth checking to make sure the display cable is plugged in to the back of the graphics card and not the monitor, but looking at the video on imgur it doesn't appear to be a display issue.

 

18 minutes ago, abcde06991 said:

When all hooked up and i turn the power supply on, the motherboard lights flash once and nothing. Pressing the power button does nothing, and ive checked and made sure the power button is on the right pins. The lights on the ram come on, or they used to after a bit. Ive tried turning it on with just the necessary bits and still nothing.

Is the power switch on the back of the PSU turned on? The video you posted on imgur looks a lot like what happens if you try to power on a system with it unplugged or switched off at the PSU, where it will flash the LEDs for a brief moment with the residual power in the system then switch off. Would explain why it only flashed once and then after that you weren't able to get anything from it... Though, this would require it to have been powered on previously which doesn't seem to be the case since you've just built it...

 

I would look at removing all of the PSU cables and plugging them back in again just in case something wasn't plugged in properly. If you have another PSU, try with a different unit.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Spotty said:

The Ryzen 2700X does not have integrated graphics.

Worth checking to make sure the display cable is plugged in to the back of the graphics card and not the monitor, but looking at the video on imgur it doesn't appear to be a display issue.

 

Is the power switch on the back of the PSU turned on? The video you posted on imgur looks a lot like what happens if you try to power on a system with it unplugged or switched off at the PSU, where it will flash the LEDs for a brief moment with the residual power in the system then switch off. Would explain why it only flashed once and then after that you weren't able to get anything from it... Though, this would require it to have been powered on previously which doesn't seem to be the case since you've just built it...

 

I would look at removing all of the PSU cables and plugging them back in again just in case something wasn't plugged in properly. If you have another PSU, try with a different unit.

I have checked all of the psu cables going in and they are fine. I tested it with my old mobo and it boots up fine. And the motherboard lights flash when i flick on the power supply, pressing the power button or jumping the switch pins do nothing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, abcde06991 said:

I have checked all of the psu cables going in and they are fine. I tested it with my old mobo and it boots up fine. And the motherboard lights flash when i flick on the power supply, pressing the power button or jumping the switch pins do nothing.

can u check HDD is working or not? I mean u try touch HDD if soundly vibrate.

 

                                                                               - AMD Ryzen™ 5 1400 Processor

                                                                       - Asus Prime A320M-K ATX motherboard

                                                                           - Zotac GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC Edition

                                                                          - Kingston 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz Ram

                                                                              - Corsair VS 550 power supply

                                                                              - Kingston A400 240GB SSD

                                                       - 1TB WD BLUE HDD Hard Disk & Samsung 320GB HDD(7200RPM)

                                                                            - CPU COOLER: Stock Cooler(AMD)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

Have the same issue. Try unplugging the sata power cable from the front of the case, out of the power supply

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 8 months later...
On 4/17/2019 at 7:46 PM, Drewdell said:

Have the same issue. Try unplugging the sata power cable from the front of the case, out of the power supply

I'm having the exact same issue with the exact same motherboard and CPU. Did you guys come up with the solution? When I have only the MB and CPU plugged in I get the same quick blink of the light when flipping on the PSU button.

I'd appreciate any help!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Greetings @abcde06991, @Drewdell, @Dorfmam,

 

            I just want to check that you POSTed the motherboard before installing it in the case. If you haven't, I'd suggest taking the motherboard out of the case, putting it on a cardboard surface, and putting in one stick of RAM, the GPU (but only if your CPU does not support onboard graphics), and plugging in the power supply. This will rule out any shorting issues caused by contact with the case.

 

           abcde06991, I notice in your pictures that one of the holes for the motherboard mounting screws does not have a screw in it, which may cause issues. However, I'd still suggest POSTing the board outside the case if you haven't already.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...

Hey Everyone,

 

 

I might start a new thread for this since this one is pretty old, but I am having the same issue. New build, but I actually got it to post a couple times first, was trying to update to the latest BIOS but when it rebooted it was still the same BIOS version, tried again and this time I checked the box for update backup BIOS as well and I think that was a mistake because after that completed it simply wouldnt POST anymore and the mobo lights will flash every time I turn on the psu but then go dark, I am also using a CPU without integrated graphics Ryzen 5 5600x. All my components seem to be fine even the PSU. I am at a loss, tried taking the mobo off the test bench and just laying it on cardboard as well cuz I thought something might be shorting but still got the same result. No response from gigabyte. Anyone have any idea what I should do?

 

Chadi Sleiman

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×