Windows BSOD solutions?

AlfeT

Been getting some BSOD very recently and so I decided to do a fresh install of Windows 10, its still doing it. Everytime it happened the error was SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION : What Failed: ks.sys.

I have been trying to read the minidump using windbg but I keep getting symbol errors. Could someone help me check the minidump for me and tell me whats causing these BSODs. Losing all hope rn :(

122618-24500-01.dmp

Well ks.sys is part of the Windows kernel files, and is responsible related to video capture, if I am not mistaken.

To me it suggests a driver issues with:

• Webcam
  • Graphics card
  • Video capture device

Make sure that these drivers are fully updated. If they are, maybe try older drivers.

It could also be audio related which the audio driver conflicts in some ways with the video related driver, so update that as well.

1 hour ago, GoodBytes said:

Well ks.sys is part of the Windows kernel files, and is responsible related to video capture, if I am not mistaken.

To me it suggests a driver issues with:

• Webcam
  • Graphics card
  • Video capture device

Make sure that these drivers are fully updated. If they are, maybe try older drivers.

It could also be audio related which the audio driver conflicts in some ways with the video related driver, so update that as well.

Yeah, drivers are all fully updated, installed driver booster, updated all drivers from there, went into device manager and updated everything in it, it was able to install drivers for generic pnp monitor and updated a realtek audio driver. I get blue screens from time to time, and I can usually tell when it happens because my games regularly crash after just about 2-5 minutes of playtime, and then sometime during just normal browsing on my computer, it blue screens. After a restart it usually wont happen again. Really weird. Graphics card drivers are up to date, used DDU and installed newest drivers. Ran memtest before and passed without an error. Used aida64 to stress test for about an hour and no red lining. Dont know if the updated realtek drivers from today fixes the issue. Still dont really know the main cause because im unable to read the minidump information. I'll keep you updated if my system gets another blue screen.