Internal Screen

Misinthe

Hey everyone, I just got a 5" Screen for Christmas and I want to put it inside my computer. I've been looking around online to see how I can mount it and I was looking for any advice here in the forum, see experiences and tips anyone can give me. I appreciate the feedback.

This is the one I bought.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072558KZ4/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza

Thank you all for the comments! 

Sorry to disappoint you, but that screen is not intended for desktop computer usage. It's designed to connected to Raspberry Pi SBC to function as a touchscreen using its onboard GPIO and HDMI connectors.

Nevertheless you can jury-rig it to work in your PC as a secondary display for something (without touchscreen function). The use case I can think of is this custom PC Stat Screen

You can mount it with some non-conductive double-sided tape into your case. Or just lay flat somewhere.

"Mankind’s greatest mistake will be its inability to control the technology it has created."

1 hour ago, SkyHound0202 said:

-Snip-

Thank you for your input. Which one would you recommend? I can always send this one back to Amazon and order another one.

Edit: Also, in that video he doesn't show or explain how he mounts the screen to the SSD bracket, which is what I was looking to find out. I have a Phanteks Enthoo Evolv, with the side SSD mount and that's where I was wishing I could place the Screen.

As for how he mount it, judging by the video it looks like he just rest it between the sidepanel and the power supply shroud. If you want to mount it in an SSD bracket, the maximum screen size you can fit is about 4.79 inch. I did found one that might fit in the bracket, but the connector placement made it impossible to plug in without some serious modding.

Or you can order a custom industrial 4.5 inch screen and find a compatible HDMI to MIPI controller for your purpose. This option requires a lot of DIY and handy work.

I really sorry that I couldn't really recommend anything. This is very niche project, so there's not much to choose from.

"Mankind’s greatest mistake will be its inability to control the technology it has created."

23 minutes ago, SkyHound0202 said:

-Snip-

No worries, I'll just try to build a bracket with some acrylic, I was thinking putting it on the reservoir mount. Can't expect any mainstream solution to this I guess. Thank you for your help though!